Official Hockey discussion thread

Wait... WHAT? of ALL the teams they can go to, why is FLORIDA the top destination for BOTH players? I can see Bobrovksky going as Luongo will likely retire or become a back-up, but Panarin? To play with Barkov?
They like Orlando.

Well, Congratulations to New Jersey and ending up with the #1 pick. NYR are 2nd and Chicago ended up 3rd. this pushed many teams back, but Colorado still has a great pick at 4th from OTT. Another reason to hate OTT. Had Duchene stayed it'd be different, but he didn't so no elite player and no top pick.

I'm not the only one excited over Quenneville going to FL. ticket sales have already gone up 200% since last season.

DAY ONE MOFOS! IT BEGINS!

I wish I had more than one television to watch at least 2 games at once.

I think Florida has a lot to offer, Hiring Q as the coach is a sign they want to win. Then add they really get more money in Florida (factoring in taxes/cost of living) compared to Canada/New York, etc. add to that, nice weather in the winter .. and I can see why players would want to go there.

It still has the worst ice in the league, you know, the thing they make their living on...

ANYWAY! DAY ONE DONE SON!

I kept switching between the CBJ/TB game and the PIT/NYI game. BOTH really good and Columbus stunned Tampa with a 4 goal rally! Keep it up!

PIT and NYI went to OT. VERY physical game, a few post whistle scrums, good shit. Unfortunately I had to call it a night and couldn't watch the west coast games. I'm glad I have the next 2 weeks off, hope to watch A LOT of hockey much to my GFs dismay lol.

OMFG! Columbus just SPANKED TB 5-1! I so hope they win this, sweep, 5, 6 games, don't care, I just hope Columbus wins.

PIT is down 2-0 as well, but not too worried. If NYI wins, that's great for hockey, if PIT gets their shit together and manages to win in 7, that's great for hockey too. I'm just loving every series. Like the TOR-BOS series. Of course I'd like Boston to win, but I like Toronto, and whenever a Canadian team moves forward we all win.

I think it will shake things up a lot if Tampa Bay doesn't make it out of the first round. It will definitely make things a lot easier for some teams, perhaps even an unexpected Stanley Cup Champion will be the result.

It's like Detroit leaving the playoffs early in 2003, 2004 or 2006.

On the other hand, Columbus were up 2-0 in games against Washtington last year, but couldn't keep it up.

Last edited:
I think this year is different for Columbus, last year those 2 wins were OT wins and Holtby was not in goal. Plus Columbus just has more talent this year. Obviously game 3 is huge

I think this year is different for Columbus, last year those 2 wins were OT wins and Holtby was not in goal. Plus Columbus just has more talent this year. Obviously game 3 is huge

Indeed, we have two vital game 3s tomorrow. Pittsburgh's and Columbus'. My brother and I were discussing it this morning. He's the Pens fan, I'm the Bruin fan and we both concluded that if "our" teams left early it wasn't that big of a deal. I think Boston overachieved all year and Pittsburgh struggled all year.

I think it's Toronto's time. Would not be surprised if they reach the conference final.

Out west I want Calgary to reach the conference final at least.

Both eight seeds are doing well right now...

Smith wasn't that bad though, stopping 50 of 56 shots.

Last edited:
The Blue Jackets have done it - the greatest upset in hockey history. Eliminating a record-good team in 4 games. Similarly, the Isles have jettisoned the Pens.

I'm in awe, and I think the Jackets are going to be the top bandwagon team this year. I still would prefer Calgary or the Jets to win, obviously, but come on, after a feat like that...

I would love to see the Jackets win the Cup ... if anything because of the way they added at the deadline rather than dump Panarin , et al. It was nice to see them go for it, and so far it has paid off big time

Back