Official American Football Thread

Ug, the Chiefs found another great and embarassing way to lose a close game.  The worst thing is that we still can't get the first pick in the draft.

@D&N, sorry bout the 'Skins... I know the O-line was missing the RT and LT tackle, so that sucks...

Yeah, well by chick reasoning I guess a tiger could kill a Native American anyday, but by the same reasoning a giant should easily slay a cowboy. Oh yeah, I guess electricity kills Native Americans too.

That's it, the rest of the season I'm going by chick reasoning.

Damn Giants... the one time I'm rooting for them, the lose.

So, does a color beat a bird?  Unless 'brown' is a turd... guess if you shit on a bird that works.

Well they say in Cleveland that they're supposed to be dogs, so yeah; I guess a dog beats an eagle. Guess it depends on the dog though. Screw it, Browns win by 2.

That'd be the end of their playoff hopes (I think that 'mathematically' they are still in it...?)

Yeah, the Eagles was what I was thinking.

Next sundayhas some really good matchups:  Steelers at Titans (for homefield through the playoffs) and Giants/Panthers (again for homefield).  I really hope that the Ravens kick the'boys ass next week, and that ATL can get in.

I think the Ravens/Cowboys game will be the best of the bunch, both teams are barely clinging to the #6 seed in their respective divisions at the moment. Man, I hope the Ravens take that game. Their defense is awesome and they were outright robbed against the Steelers.

yeah-- i have a buddy that is a big Steelers fan, but I really was hoping the Ravens would have won.  Good game to watch, tho.

Well the Vikings blew away the Cardinals, definitely a class game. Tarvaris Jackson played like a veteran, and threw 4 TD passes, and Adrian Peterson rushed for 165 yards, breaking the Vikings single season rushing record. We're 9-5 and we have ATL and NYG all home games. I think we're in a pretty good spot.

I'm not dogging on your Vikes, cause they are playing well-- but the ATL game will be tough, cause they are also fighting for a spot, and their 'tripletts' are awesome!  Jackson played great yesterday, but the cards defense is kinda suspect-- his biggest prob is that he plays great one game and not so great the next (hence someone like Fererotte playing: ask D&N what is was like having him for QB).

The NYG game will be really interesting-- i think that they (the giants) will be needing a win in that game-- tho next weeks Giants/Panthers game will mean a lot to see how hard they play.

Tho, all in all, I expect that the Bears will lose this coming weekend, and that will end the Vikes need to really push hard towards the end...

D&N said:
I hope the Ravens take that game. Their defense is awesome and they were outright robbed against the Steelers.

Holmes' catch was a touchdown.  To quote Ray Lewis: "they won the game."  

I did like what he said... that they had given up 92 yards on that last drive, so a few inches didn't matter anyway. 

Favre's team is 9-5, and tied for the AFC East lead (with Miami and NE).  The Jets play against Maimi for the last game of the year, so that will very likely determine who makes it as the AFC East champ (Jets hold that seat right now with tie breakers).  Favre has had some great games (6 touchdowns against AZ/ the win against NE) and some really bad ones - the last 3 games haven't been that great, and they would have likely lost to Buffalo yesterday, if it werent for the Jets D getting a touchdown off a fumble.

I think the Jets have a good chance of making the playoffs-- I never figured them for better than 7-9...

Wasted155 said:
I'm not dogging on your Vikes, cause they are playing well-- but the ATL game will be tough, cause they are also fighting for a spot, and their 'tripletts' are awesome!  Jackson played great yesterday, but the cards defense is kinda suspect-- his biggest prob is that he plays great one game and not so great the next (hence someone like Fererotte playing: ask D&N what is was like having him for QB).

The NYG game will be really interesting-- i think that they (the giants) will be needing a win in that game-- tho next weeks Giants/Panthers game will mean a lot to see how hard they play.

Tho, all in all, I expect that the Bears will lose this coming weekend, and that will end the Vikes need to really push hard towards the end...

Well Jackson has played good the past 2 weeks. He stepped up when the team needed him to, I think he has developed a lot better since the first 2 games of the season, but we will see this week. I know there will be tons of Minnesota fans in the Metrodome and it will be a hostile environment for the Falcons to go into. If the Vikings can create turnovers, and play great defense, I think we can win. No one ever gives the Vikings any credit, and I'm sure no one remember their dominate win over the #1 NFC team the Panthers in week 3, but oh well.

Favre isn't having a great season in terms of statistics (by his standards), but he ought to be an MVP candidate. They say the MVP should be the one person who made the biggest impact on their team, and I don't think the Jets would have been in contention this year without him.

Although with Brady out this year and, as a result, the division wide open, my above statement is quite debatable.

Adrian Peterson for MVP, he has 1,600 + yards and he has done a whole lot for the Vikings since last year.

AP is a great player, and deserves consideration, but I don't think his play alone is what has given the Vikes a chance....

Farve, for me, is a better candidate, due to the fact that the Jets were a 4 win team last year and are 9+ this year (regardless of Brady, in this case).

A couple of other players to think about are Bennett for Atlanta (look at their record this year vs last year), and Schaub for Houston (beating Titans!)

Back