Official American Football Thread

I don't really like Denver, they just kind of lucked out by being in a crappy division, though the Chargers should have been better.

That's amazing.  It even censors the "all" in football when Jordan makes a post.

No sweet clue.
Actually, I have an idea.  Are you in the same location you were in earlier?

This is really strange. I wonder if it has to do with the word "all" being censored somehow? Although that wouldn't make much sense. :p
LooseCannon said:
No sweet clue.
Actually, I have an idea.  Are you in the same location you were in earlier?
Right now? Nope I'm at my Grandma's on her computer. I have been using my Mom's laptop while on these boards recently.

It's something on your mom's computer, mang, or at the internet location you were at.  the only messages with that error came from a specific IP.

LooseCannon said:
It's something on your mom's computer, mang, or at the internet location you were at.  the only messages with that error came from a specific IP.
Maybe it has something to do with all the anti-virus/spyware stuff she has on her computer.

Sorry bout BC, Natalie. 

I am not a Florida fan (or a fan of any school in that state!), tho it was nice to see them win that game tonite!  I love a good BCS shakeup.  Now, if only MU can win their game....

That will not be a pretty game.  Detroit hasn't had a good team since Wayne Fonts was the coach.

Ha Ha!  ADAP is a great running back.  That run he made, where he was hit by half the d-line after only 1 yard, and he dragged them for a 10 yard gain, that was great!!

Wayne was (I think) the last coach to take the Lions to the playoffs.  I think he was followed by Bobby Ross, who ran Barry Sanders (one of the funnest half-backs to watch) out of town.  This had to be mid- to late-90's. 

Dang that was a long time ago then. Yeah Peterson can pull off some great stuff that's for sure. :bigsmile:

Here are the scores from the early games.

San Diego - 34
Oakland - 7
Chicago - 23 Jacksonville - 10
Minnesota - 20 Detroit - 16
Indianapolis - 35 Cincinnati - 3
Philadelphia - 20 New York Giants - 14
Tennessee - 28 Cleveland - 9
New Orleans - 29 Atlanta - 25
Houston - 24 Green Bay - 21

Drew didn't have a great game, but good enough.  The best thing going for my 'fantasy team' is that my opponent this week has Romo, and he has thrown 2 picks and lost a fumble.  Keep it up!!

Miami - 16 Buffalo - 3
San Francisco - 24 New York Jets - 14
New England - 24 Seattle - 21
Denver - 21 Kansas City - 17
Arizona - 34 St. Louis - 10
Pittsburgh - 20 Dallas - 13

Giants clinch NFC East.
Arizona clinch NFC West.
Tennessee clinch AFC South.

Seattle played a good game, they just aren't the team they were a few years ago.  Patriots showed why they have won so many Super Bowls.

KC played hard for half a game, but they just don't quite have enough talent yet-- but they may have gotten lucky in finding Thigpen.

Natalie said:
Shame about Atlanta. Go Patriots, who needs Tom Brady?

Yeah, I'd guess you would almost have to be a Patriots fan, up in Boston... So, I'm guessing the Red Sox, and Celtics?  Oh, and the Bruins!

I was hoping that the Seahawks could edge out the Pats, but I  guess not. The Patriots still have a shot at winning their division now ever since the Jets just kind of slumped. I think the Dolphins will come out on top in that division.

Back