Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't have been any sort of "extravaganza" if they had to fit the whole show on a 747. It would've been a lame, limp production with maybe one or two highlights but overall a disappointment if we consider all the hype. They needed to do LOTB the way they did to deliver on the promise of the stage show to end all stage shows. That was its primary purpose, the band's last chance at going all out on the theatrics.
The way that Somewhere Back In Time was a lame, limp production? :confused:

Legacy of the Beast should really have been a one year extravaganza with Ed Force One that visited Europe, North America, South America, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. If it meant having toned down stage show then that's fine as we'd have never known about the one we did get and the same songs could have been in the setlist. We should really have a new album by now and be lamenting that we won't be seeing Iron Maiden on their latest album tour in 2020.

Hey, I agree with that. It would be great if we had a new album to help us over Covid-19.

Sadly, Maiden don't play by the rules of fanfiction.

Would anyone moan if they did a legacy of the new album tour, i.e. 5 new tracks and drop WED, 23.58, Clansman, FTGOG and SOTC?

I was happy seeing Iron Maiden perform songs I'd given up hope on seeing live (e.g. 'Where Eagles Dare', 'Sign of the Cross'), the stage show was fun but the important thing was the music. Nobody was ever asking for an inflatable Spitfire or a mask and lantern for 'Fear of the Dark' - it's the songs people were demanding and moaning about.

Would anyone moan if they did a legacy of the new album tour, i.e. 5 new tracks and drop WED, 23.58, Clansman, FTGOG and SOTC?

If that happens I think you definitely have the best of both worlds, not a bad idea but personally I don't see it happening

Of course people would moan! You'd get someone devastated they didn't get to see their favourite song again or someone who didn't manage to catch the tour in 2018 or 2020 for whatever reason annoyed that they're missing out on the full show.

That said, I do think it would be fair to Asia, Australia and New Zealand to at least give them a taste of the show if it's possible to reschedule the shows within a reasonable timeframe.

It all depends what the new songs are. LOTB was built on song thematics and they would need to fit in.

Really can't believe they will delay the new album by another year just to extend legacy 3 into next year, cabaret act confirmed

I was thinking of the idea that next year they could do a BOS style tour EF1 starting in the US, South America down to Australia and NZ then through Europe but seems very unlikely because the production wont fit in a single 747.

Maybe they could just do it that way anyway without EF1 delaying a european tour also now scraps there 2021 tour plans may as well just make it a huge touring year

You know, a lot of these postponed shows means that the band may be contractually obligated to put them on.
I wonder what the contract entails. I’m guessing Maiden is obligated to a lot of these shows, but is the requirement beyond “Iron Maiden must perform”?

Given the size and scale of the tour, it could be specific, but I am not knowing.
I can’t imagine much more than a requirement to use LOTB branding, in which case they could conceivably bring a different setlist and maybe different stage plots and call that Legacy of the Beast.

Still putting LOTB 3 to 2021 is stupid, considering their age IMO. Especially since it's a history tour and it went on for 2 years already. I would understand rescheduling AUS/NZ/Japan to December, since they haven't seen it yet, but Europe to next year? Wasted year.

If they reschedule Euro LOTB 3, I can safely say Janick's "We are not a cabaret act, since we know the importance of new music" aged really badly.

Have you thought they might have a contract to honour? If a promoter pays them good money for a LOTB show and this is postponed, Maiden might haveto honour the contract. Think about Judas Priest having to support Ozzy Osbourne until the end of time as that tour kept on getting postponed!

That being said, I would not be surprised if LOTB is Maiden’s last tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back