Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most ticket companies hold the money in escrow until the concert in case of cancellation. Ticketmaster bailed on this a few years ago, due to their immense amount of income. They hold enough to cover a certain percentage of their outstanding concerts, on the theory that they'd always have enough money to cover a full tour cancellation, etc. They didn't believe something could cancel all tours everywhere.

So basically we're paying for Ticketmaster's shitty business practice.

I guess it should be possible to sue them for this, but of course nobody will do it.

I think that according to EU guidelines they are obligated to offer a refund option. Now, WHEN you are actually gonna take your money is a different story. TBH if they reschedule the French show and I can make it I'll keep my tickets. Crepes and Maiden, what's not to like?

I think that according to EU guidelines they are obligated to offer a refund option. Now, WHEN you are actually gonna take your money is a different story. TBH if they reschedule the French show and I can make it I'll keep my tickets. Crepes and Maiden, what's not to like?

Except that Ticketmaster isn't an EU-based company. So they're obliged to shit.

Surely if it's a case of Ticketmaster saying they haven't got the cash to give a refund, then they would be obliged to give credit instead?

I'd imagine that enough gigs will be eventually rescheduled that you won't be talking about Ticketmaster having to give enough refunds for it to be an existential threat to Ticketmaster.

The funniest case scenario for me is that I've a ticket for a twice postponed Ozzy gig rescheduled for November and it could actually be the case that Ozzy might be fit by then but we are still in lockdown :lol::facepalm:

EDIT: Another funny thing I had a ticket for Grand Magus on a Saturday night at the start of March and I couldn't make it that night. If the gig was a few days later, lockdown would have been in place and it would have been rescheduled and I would possibly have been able to go to the rescheduled gig :facepalm:

Last edited:
A bunch of people, I am sure. A collective lawsuit will change their views pretty fast. Along with a license loss to operate in EU.

I sued Ryanair for a ticket refund a few years ago. I got a law firm to take care of it for me, but Ryanair was unimpressed and the whole thing went to court. In the end, they payed the absolute minimum and the law firm got 28%; the amount I got back just about covered my flight cost and an overpriced bag of nuts I had at the airport.
Suppose we have the same paradigms with Ticketmaster. I paid €60 for my Göteborg ticket. Suppose there is a law firm that offers the same service as I had with the flight case, they'd get less than €17 for the case and I'm left with €43. It wouldn't be worth it for the lawyer, and I could just about take my girlfriend to the cinema for what I'm getting back. On the other hand, if there was a collective lawsuit by everybody screwed over by Ticketmaster, they wouldn't be able to pay out. So nobody's getting anything out of this.
Best hope is that Maiden reschedule their tour and our ticket purchases remain valid.

The best way to avoid losing out on this sort of thing is to buy travel insurance or add on the ticket insurance when purchasing it. Sadly for Gothenburg one must be a resident of a Nordic country to qualify for missed event insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back