Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see them referencing the new album in the tour cancellation announcement. Something like:

"We were very much looking forward to seeing all our European fans this summer. But don't worry we'll be back next year in support of our new studio new album".

I really can't see them dedicating the entire 2021 for the legacy tour if Europe goes so will the whole concept unless they can get to nz, aus and Asia in the fall.

I really can't see them delaying an album and tour till 2022 especially if it's done

I have read that Australia has lockdown for 6 months, and I don't see Maiden go there on october or november unless that they decide to make a bunch of shows in South America to compensate the cancelled shows in Europe.

I have read that Australia has lockdown for 6 months, and I don't see Maiden go there on october or november unless that they decide to make a bunch of shows in South America to compensate the cancelled shows in Europe.
Yeah which is why if Europe is canned so will maiden doing any shows in 2020 anywhere in the world i think, so at this stage the interesting part will be if they will make next year an entire year for legacy or not

mmm i dont think so... here in south america the situation is critical. ( i´m from chile) all gigs , events are postponed.
I think the new album came in the second part of the year( I hope)

He carries around photos of him and Bruce from throughout the years. He was like "This is me and Bruce from the Tattooed Millionaire tour" and "This is us from the Skunkworks tour". He probably knows more about Bruce than you!

I kind of feel bad especially for the Japanese Maiden fans. They didn't get to see Maiden in 2011, due to the concert there being cancelled because of the earthquake. And then they didn't play Japan in Maiden England or Book of Souls. So now they were finally returning, only for these shows to most likely get canceled too.

Been 12 years now since Japan has gotten Maiden.

If I were Rod, I'd sit the boys down and lay out a modified roadmap. Redesign the stage set somewhat but keep some of the elements for Aussies, etc. who didn't get to see it this year. Rebrand Legacy 3 into something similarly titled, but make it a hybrid tour, meaning it's about 60% Legacy setlist/stage setup, and 40% new album setlist/stage elements. Oh, and the theoretical new album will be released in the coming months, according to this theoretical plan. Once the tour goes past the original Legacy 3 duration and locations, rotate in some different classics for revisited markets that saw already Legacy 1 or 2.

The reasons for this would be twofold:

One, album tours don't sell quite as well as their nostalgia tours, and they're probably not going to sell a signficantly larger number of the new album by dedicating a tour specifically to it. Whoever was going to buy the album will buy the album regardless.

Two, time. If the quarantines roll on longer than anyone's expecting, Maiden could potentially lose the rest of the year. That would either cancel Legacy 3 entirely, or push Legacy 3 into 2021. And the way Maiden have been pacing themselves with plenty of breaks, the new album and tour could get pushed to 2022. Nicko alone will be knocking on 70.

Personally, I think fall will probably see a return to some sort of normalcy when it comes to touring, etc. which is why so many bands are booking for September and beyond, but you never know. Just a thought rolling around in my head, more than likely born from wishing this down period might be looked upon as an opportunity by the Maiden camp, meaning I'd get my hands on this supposed new album that much earlier.

I kind of feel bad especially for the Japanese Maiden fans. They didn't get to see Maiden in 2011, due to the concert there being cancelled because of the earthquake. And then they didn't play Japan in Maiden England or Book of Souls. So now they were finally returning, only for these shows to most likely get canceled too.

Been 12 years now since Japan has gotten Maiden.
They did play in Tokyo in 2016, the take of The Red and the black on Live chapter comes from this show

Last edited:
He carries around photos of him and Bruce from throughout the years. He was like "This is me and Bruce from the Tattooed Millionaire tour" and "This is us from the Skunkworks tour". He probably knows more about Bruce than you!

Did anybody ever find that video they were interviewing us for?

I looked for it, but couldn't find anything. The guys said it was for an online radio station or a podcast called "The Pit" which is a super generic name for a Metal show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back