Official 2020 Tour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, how was all this tour and concert announcements done during the 80's?
I was fan and alive back then, but can't recall how these things went.
Did all the artists/bands just announce full tour or leg etc in single announcement?

Looking forward to the news and Im not gonna be disappointed, quite the opposite.
Agreed. LOTB is such an utterly amazing tour I feel that as many people as possible deserve to see it. If the news is for the third leg then it’s about all we’re expecting anyway. If by any chance there’s album news thrown in then I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Agreed. LOTB is such an utterly amazing tour I feel that as many people as possible deserve to see it. If the news is for the third leg then it’s about all we’re expecting anyway. If by any chance there’s album news thrown in then I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

This seems líke win win situation for me, I saw them in 2018 couple times, definitely in for more and also if throwing the news of the album aswell.

By the way, how was all this tour and concert announcements done during the 80's?
I was fan and alive back then, but can't recall how these things went.
Did all the artists/bands just announce full tour or leg etc in single announcement?

I could be wrong but back then bands didn't really have a direct channel to their fans like today with webpages, social media etc. So I think most fans found out if their favourite band came to their town through local news media, local radio ads/promos, small tour announcements in metal magazines etc.

Last edited:
I could be wrong but back then bands didn't really have a direct channel to their fans like today with webpages, social media etc. So I think most fans found out if their favourite band came to their town through local news media, local radio ads/promos, small tour announcements in metal magazines etc and of course by word of mouth.

That's why I asked, I remember reading about the upcoming shows from magazines, or they were mentioned on radio or tv.
Now it's kinda good way but sometimes I hate that when they drop out a date here, date there, then like weeks or months and few more dates here and there.

That's why I asked, I remember reading about the upcoming shows from magazines, or they were mentioned on radio or tv.
Yeah, that's why having a good record company, or having a record company at all was important back in the day, because as a band you relied on them using money to promote you in the media.

On the other hand it also sucked back in the day to find out too late about some show just because you had missed an ad in some magazine :bigsmile:

November seems to be the Big Announcement month (To announce a Tour leg) for Maiden since 2017 or even before.

Hyping a tour announcement in that way seems to suggest the guy has lost his marbles.

I might be wrong and there might something more interesting than the third leg of the LOTB tour being announced though.

In before....

Iron Maiden is bringing Ed Force One back to the sky while they visit Australia, New Zealand and Oceania on the 3rd leg of Legacy Of The Beast Tour.

throws-computer-gif-4.gif

I swear I thought that was the real announcement for a second and I was just like.... okay.

Hyping a tour announcement in that way seems to suggest the guy has lost his marbles.

I might be wrong and there might something more interesting than the third leg of the LOTB tour being announced though.
Well the website did have a bloody countdown for the Primal Rock Rebellion announcement a few years ago. :facepalm:

If Bruce meant everyone is going to freak out next week with ed force one returning or just leg 3 tour dates hes really just trolling hahaha,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back