Now drinking

My buddy just got a keg setup installed so I went to the local craft brewery to help him taste all their beers. All 12 of them, 4oz glasses. It's a good thing we arranged for an adult to drop us off. He decided on their blueberry blonde.

My buddy just got a keg setup installed so I went to the local craft brewery to help him taste all their beers. All 12 of them, 4oz glasses. It's a good thing we arranged for an adult to drop us off. He decided on their blueberry blonde.
What would have been your pick? A blueberry blonde seems like an awfully specific beer to have a whole keg at home.

What would have been your pick? A blueberry blonde seems like an awfully specific beer to have a whole keg at home.
I've bought two "growlers" (36... 48? Oz jugs) of Thunder Canyon's Brewery Honey berry beer. when you like a drink you like a drink lol

I've bought two "growlers" (36... 48? Oz jugs) of Thunder Canyon's Brewery Honey berry beer. when you like a drink you like a drink lol
Yeah, I’ve gotten kegs of Sam Adams Cherry Wheat before and never got sick of it. It’s all a matter of knowing what you like, even if it seems overly specific.

Oh, hey, look, it’s still…

IMG_0331.jpg

Sadly, the Old Speckled Hen 50L keg has finally been kicked.

At least this provides the opportunity to bring in something new. Clearly the new keg will have to be:
IMG_0331.jpg

I saw a new Maiden beer in the liquour store today and was tempted to buy it. My sense of pride stopped me from falling prey to a marketing gimmick, as if it didn't have a Maiden label would I really care about it?

....I might try it eventually. :p

Jack Daniel's and soda water because I ran out of beer while watching Packers shut out Seattle :nana:
And you didn't fall asleep?:) Though I am a NY Giants fan, but if I had to pick a "2nd team" it would be GB. Happy for the win, but I found that game rather boring. Oh well. Hope they win it all. In keeping with this thread, I am drinking a Dragon's Milk Stout:)

Yum. I did kegs of both regular Dragon’s Milk and Dragon’s Milk White before I went nitro and got on this Old Speckled Hen kick.
Hahahahahaha Dragon's Milk is addicting:) As you know, it's not a "heavy" stout in that it makes you feel full. I've had stouts by both Clown Shoes and Evil Twin and those were a chore to drink. Nor is it bitter like Guinness. But at 11% abv it does have a kick:) I also like Founders KBS Stout(12% abv) and Goose Island's Bourbon County Stout. My overall fave is Dogfish Head's World Wide Stout(abv 18%). Another good one is Avery Brewing Co's Mephistopheles Stout(14.666% abv). All are tasty, but a bit expensive.

Reactions: Jer
And you didn't fall asleep?:) Though I am a NY Giants fan, but if I had to pick a "2nd team" it would be GB. Happy for the win, but I found that game rather boring. Oh well. Hope they win it all. In keeping with this thread, I am drinking a Dragon's Milk Stout:)
Well not the most fascinating of games I admit but I enjoyed watching it. Good to see some running.

Well not the most fascinating of games I admit but I enjoyed watching it. Good to see some running.
Ha! It was better than watching the Pats destroy the Browns:) Two things are for sure, the Pats are back and Belechick is a genius.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Pilsner Urquell has mysteriously disappeared from the store next to my place. Whenever I've been buying German beers I've always gone for something else but DAB is surprisingly decent.

Currently working my way through a beer advent calendar my brother gave me (yes, it’s a case of 24 mystery beers where you punch out a hole for each day of advent and take out a new 16oz can). All random German microbrews so far as I can tell, but most have been pretty good. What an excellent invention!

Back