Nicko McBrain

I must say it's pretty cool that he does this. If I lived anywhere close I'd definitely go and hang out there from time to time. Does anyone know exactly how often he puts on a whole show like this? and is there a price of admission to these special live shows or does he just show up and play?
I've never been, but as far as I know they are usually free. The RnRR anniversary party on 12/5 was definitely advertised as free, and the McBrainiacs played a whole 14 song set plus some bands from the local School of Rock and a couple other groups.

Eddie (!) briefly talking about Nicko's kit for upcoming tour:
DSC_6039_oraxpg.jpg

I think Nicko has been at NAMM since Friday. Here's a photo from yesterday.
506529038-drummer-nicko-mcbrain-of-iron-maiden-attends-gettyimages.jpg

Nicko, on Friday 22nd, speaking at ~01:45:

EDIT: Apologies, I see this has been touched upon already...
http://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/nicko-no-longer-with-premier.34002/

Last edited:
Good finds Cried! That guy talking about Nicko's kit in the first vid is clearly misinformed though... he's not using the SIT drums on the road next year, he'll have new ones from the SQ2 series

Apparently there's an interview of Nicko from NAMM, but it's not been uploaded by the guy yet.
I know Mike Dolbear has one coming along with his Sonor drums feature, and I've seen pics of at least two other people interviewing him, hopefully all three see the light of day soon...

Nice Naty! Thanks for sharing.

Warning to those who do not want to see this: the article features a photo from the kit from the current tour.

Last edited:
Also Iron Maiden have posted a video of Nicko with his new drumkit on the official Youtube channel.

For those uncertain, only thing spoiled in that video is stage set, since those drum shots are on the stage. Nicko plays a short solo.

Back