Nicko McBrain

Lego

Shadows in the stars, we will not return!
@matic22 yeah you’re right! The Icarus snare is all oak, but the kit is indeed birch with inner and outer oak layers. Nicko also mentioned they’re working on even more signature products with a new kind of wood for BDC!

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
So will he be changing kits this year during the set? This kit looks like it's made for the later part of the LOTB set (Icarus onwards).
Yeah, it's curious. His initial idea for the LOTB tour was to have 3 different drum kits (design/art), if I'm not mistaken - that's quite a hard task to do. I doubt that this new drum kit will be used on the next (album) tour. It's too early for that.

Lego

Shadows in the stars, we will not return!
According to this, the kit will not be used with Maiden but will be mainly for personal use, drum clinics, etc.

These new BDC cymbal stands he shows off here are also brilliant!

Ruflux

Ancient Mariner
According to this, the kit will not be used with Maiden but will be mainly for personal use, drum clinics, etc.
I almost feel like that's a bit of a missed opportunity, but then again I'm not surprised. Adding two more kits to the rotation would be a logistical nightmare. Tripling the space needed for Nicko's drums and requiring some serious efforts in the backline to even make switching kits mid-show possible. I'm not sure they even have the space required backstage for that.

matic22

Ancient Mariner
I almost feel like that's a bit of a missed opportunity, but then again I'm not surprised. Adding two more kits to the rotation would be a logistical nightmare. Tripling the space needed for Nicko's drums and requiring some serious efforts in the backline to even make switching kits mid-show possible. I'm not sure they even have the space required backstage for that.
Not really. 2 risers on wheels plus an UTP digital multi-core with two sets of mic's would make the switch between kits possible in a minute.

However, doing this is basically asking for problems. And Mr. Charlesworth would probably want a double salary :D .