Nicko McBrain

Maybe Nicko wasn't telling the truth to Bruce or maybe Bruce misunderstood what Nicko meant.

Or Nicko came with the drum fill but something meant he did not end up putting it on tape. Steve Gadd is on record saying that Nicko would often get a job and be fired shortly afterwards for being - how shall I put it? - too outspoken... ;)

He was also too loud or too crazy to deal with, according to some band members. Even with TRUST... he played with them 3 times!

38791682_1304240219710694_1060369439028936704_o.jpg

Man, if I had $10k burning a hole in my pocket, I'd order a Sonor SQ2 kit in a heartbeat... what an amazing sounding set of drums!!!

He also takes the time to hit each drum one by one, along with stating the size and the artwork on each drum - and they sound phenomenal!
Yeah, those toms are tuned ridiculously well. Pitch perfect and all equally apart from one another. Nicko's drum tech is one hell of a professional, that's for sure.

Fun fact: Nicko also wrote a song for the AMOLAD album:

''Nicko claims he also wrote a song for the album "A Matter of Life and Death," but since he met too late with the rest of the band, there was no room for his song.''

Or maybe it was just shitty a la New Frontier.

I actually quite like New Frontier - good fun rock song, full of melodies, good chorus and a fantastic solo by Adrian. Does Nicko wrote all the music, or it was with help from Adrian ? The lyrics are from Bruce, I suppose.

God no.

"I had the lyrics and melodies all worked out"

Dickinson would never write such a piece of crap.

I've heard it also has contributions from Steve but he didn't want his name on there since I assume he thought it would've diluted from Nicko's first Maiden songwriting attempt. Or something like that, anyway. For all I know he was too busy to contribute to it and so Bruce and Adrian helped Nicko hammer out the final song.

Anyway, the lyrics are very obviously not by Bruce. Just consider what the song is even about, for one thing.

Back