New posters! Who are you?

Welcome Nico, new Canadians & all  :)

Genghis Khan said:
[...]
We do not have many members from Iran or middle east in general [...]

Why do you think I moved in there?? Everything for Maidenfans!

Maybe two -three years more, I hope no more, but you never know. For the moment, here's my house, my job, my awesome car.
And soon, hopefully, my (her) cat, my long time companion and possibly my future wife.  :)
I don't really want to get married but here there is no social security and it's kind of illegal to even be in the same room with a non wife.
Of course, no one cares, but if someone don't like you he can call the cops and tell you're living with a woman and then you're fucked up.
So, if we get married, she will be medically covered by my company, plus all the visa issues will be covered, plus 2 free tickets per year (this includes children)
In the case of children, school fees & medical care are free for them, too.... Did I say school? Damn, I thought I wouldn't stay more than 3 years  :innocent:
And let's don't forget, that no matter how she plays it cool & liberal, she's a woman and she got programmed to be a bride during her childhood,
so I strongly believe that she will be very (but really very) happy to finally become one  ;)

______no5 said:
Maybe two -three years more, I hope no more, but you never know. For the moment, here's my house, my job, my awesome car.
And soon, hopefully, my (her) cat, my long time companion and possibly my future wife.  :)
I don't really want to get married but here there is no social security and it's kind of illegal to even be in the same room with a non wife.
Of course, no one cares, but if someone don't like you he can call the cops and tell you're living with a woman and then you're fucked up.
So, if we get married, she will be medically covered by my company, plus all the visa issues will be covered, plus 2 free tickets per year (this includes children)
In the case of children, school fees & medical care are free for them, too.... Did I say school? Damn, I thought I wouldn't stay more than 3 years   :innocent:
And let's don't forget, that no matter how she plays it cool & liberal, she's a woman and she got programmed to be a bride during her childhood,
so I strongly believe that she will be very (but really very) happy to finally become one  ;)

That's cool and scary.  Cool because you want her closer and can get it.  But goddam, getting arrested for being in the same room with a "non wife".  Just the existance of that concept is fuckin' scary.  Oh well.  Does this mean you'll get it annuled once out of the Middle East.  :lol:
(Sorry, couldn't resist).

Genghis Khan said:
That's cool and scary.  Cool because you want her closer and can get it.  But goddam, getting arrested for being in the same room with a "non wife".  Just the existance of that concept is fuckin' scary.  Oh well.  Does this mean you'll get it annuled once out of the Middle East.  :lol:
(Sorry, couldn't resist).

Yeap. More than scary, it's something completely out of our culture. Yet UAE is relatively liberal. Only if someone calls the police intentionally they make a search.
In Saudi Arabia police actually stops you at the street and asks your papers that proof the woman next to you is your wife or sister.
Even worst, I know an old (70s or early 80s) story that a Saudi hit with his car a parked car.
Unfortunately it was a car of a European engineer. They went in the court, where the European lost the case; If he was not there, his car wouldn't be there, thus the Saudi would never have hit his car.

Yet the worst of the worst -by large difference- is Kuwait. I've heard some terrible stories about it, from colleagues that actually been there.

Does this mean you'll get it annuled once out of the Middle East.

Not, I'm afraid!  :D

Hi dudes!

I used to be active on the older Maiden forums ages ago, 2005-2006, posting under this name or 'Fourtytwo' or '42'.
I got in to the band 2004 and spent most of 2005 obsessing about Maiden and seeing them all over Europe.
Haven't seen them since 2008 now though. Last time was at Wacken that year.
I kind of lost interest for a while but have now re-discovered these legends, and thought I would check this place out and see if any of
the 'old timers' are still active on here, as well as meeting new people.

^^

Hi fellow Maiden people... although I've been a pretty regular visitor to the site and the forums over the last few years, I was never really compelled to post until now. I'm an old headbanger (46) married to a old rocker chick (42) that lives in Winnipeg and I'm employed as a Funeral Director. Old headbangers never die, they just become undertakers... :rocker:
In 1981, when I was in high school, I heard a couple of cuts on a cassette recorded off the `Killers`album, and they got played over and over at a party. The next day I bought the album, and never looked back...
Anyway, when TFF came out, I was utterly blown through the wall by `Starblind`but was having a hell of a time deciphering what it was about... browsing the song`s thread in the forum eventually led me to LooseCannon`s interpretation which was a revelation, especially since I had been reading Richard Dawkins at the time... I find `Starblind`to be the most life affirming song I`ve ever heard... So thanks LooseCannon... I`ve enjoyed a lot of your posts and look forward to some interaction with you and the other members of the community. Up The Irons brothers...

The way that you present it, shows you feel very comfortable with it. This, plus you're an old rocker, it's a kind of awesome combination, with a little taste of black humor.  ;)

Dude, if one doesn't have a sense of humor for this gig, one finds himself in a rubber room...

I hail from the "Murder Capital of Canada" aka Winnipeg...not the most glamorous address, but it's home. We're a big Maiden town...

taker64 said:
I hail from the "Murder Capital of Canada" aka Winnipeg...not the most glamorous address, but it's home. We're a big Maiden town...

Hah! Halifax is going for it - I'm from Nova Scotia.

Hey all!

Already made a few posts, but thought I'd better introduce myself here, eventhough I often skip this part on forums  :innocent:

I've been a Maiden fan since late 1993, with a few years of abscene from the band around the Virtual era. Been digging the Iron Maiden Commentary for a long time, best site on the web about Maiden if you ask me.....Have lurked on these forums occoasionally when news on Maiden happened. And it feels like a good forum to chat about Maiden, and everything else, on  :ok:

I'm into lots of music, and have a pretty eclectic taste in music and metal. Currently progressive sludge metal gets me going big time!! Also desert rock, stoner rock. Current top 5 bands of the last few weeks....High On Fire, My Sleeping Karma, Bolt Thrower, Down RIver, Only Living Witness....

I like running, though I just started, and been out with an injury already for a week  :down: I study and work a part time job as well.

That's it, out of ideas now  :lol:

Welcome Sixies!

SixesAlltheway said:
[...] I like running, though I just started, and been out with an injury already for a week  :down: I study and work a part time job as well [...]

Same here <insert swimming>
Started recently and very quick I was swimming 1 km per day. Good thing! I've stopped since a week, due to a pain in my neck (bad position during reading & computer in bed). I'll start again tomorrow.

Back