New posters! Who are you?

defamator said:
Hi all  :shred: Im a nube here and Im a huge IM fan.
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... 758446643#

Welcome.  That was interesting to hear.  There is a thread on Maidenfans.com concerning musicians such as yourself.  You may be interested.  Unfortunately, I can't locate it at the moment.

Farhang said:
Hello everyone.

My name is Farhang. I`m from Iran. 25 years old English Teacher here in Tehran. Been a Maiden Fan since I was a kid.

I`m very honored to join this great community.

:)

We do not have many members from Iran or middle east in general.  Stick around!

Okey hello my name is Julia. From Finland.
I have a boring IT class to blame for my Maiden fanhood. :lol:  All started when i came across rainmaker on youtube
Just saw them live for the first time last month at sonisphere :rocker:

hello evry1
m deepanshu here...I really like listening maiden..I m rite now in dubai!!
Maiden means lott to me!!it is just awesome!!
Blood Brothers was the first song that I heard (Rock in Rio)
Then I like trooper, HALLOWED BE THY NAME, fear of the dark , dance of death...blah blah!!!
I bought the final frontier album day before yesterday only!!

I have never been to UK!!! But I will come definitely one day!!!

Looking forward to posting n sharing my views in this forum...YOOOOOO!!! :edmetal: :shred:

I've been aware of the commentary and thus this board for a couple of years now, but have never felt the need to sign up.  With the realease of The Final Frontier, I figured the time for lurking was over, so here I am.  I'm from the Salem, Oregon area in the U.S.A.  This fact, combined with my size (5'6") and general hairyness leads to my username.  Born in '72, I was introduced to Maiden with the release of Somewhere In Time, and have been a fan since (though I confess I lapsed in my fandom a bit after the release of No Prayer For The Dying before coming back with a vengeance with Brave New World).  I like their post reunion stuff as much if not more than the classic 80's albums.  I've been lucky enough to catch them on the Somwhere Back In time tour in 2008 in Auburn Washington, and recently on The Final Frontier tour when they came to Vacouver B.C.

Hello. 41 year old Psychology lecturer from an English university here. A latecomer to Maiden fandom but a long time rock fan. I have finally seen the light and am soaking up all the Maiden I can lay my hands on. Currently fixated on AMOLAD even though I note it splits the community a bit.

I'd say most people here are fans of AMOLAD, there's a couple on the outside. But all disagreements here are friendly ones, or else I have to crack heads! :D

Welcome to the forum, Hawkmoon!

Thanks for the welcome. On the topic of AMOLAD I have to say I have been really impressed with the knowledgeable discussion of the themes raised by the song over on the sub-forum for the album. I was wondering why some albums get the real deep analysis of the lyrics while others don't, though. There are some interesting lyrics on BNW for example, but not such in-depth commentary on that sub-forum/thread.

LooseCannon said:
I'd say most people here are fans of AMOLAD, there's a couple on the outside. But all disagreements here are friendly ones, or else I have to crack heads! :D

Welcome to the forum, Hawkmoon!

Howdy all. Im Bozemanfury, and I come from Seattle, live in Montana. Haven't been a Maiden fan for all too long, but the last year of listening to them has been amazing! Already seen them live once, in Auburn, Washington, and own almost all the studio albums, with Somewhere in Time and SSOASS being my faves so far.

Really enjoying this forum, nice to see a community of real Maiden Fans. Not too many fans out here in Montana, but hell, thats no surprise to me.

So I look forward to talking with you all about this wonderful band! :bigsmile:

hi  i am a proud maiden collector from Canada and have been following the band since 81....caught the last tour with fttb in winnipeg and chicago and cant wait for new dates to be announced.....cheers....kenny

Hey everyone,

I'm Jason. I'm Canadian, currently studying chemistry in university. First heard Maiden about two years ago from my big brother, heard some of the bigger hits like TNOTB and RTTH. I decided on a whim to buy AMOLAD from iTunes when it was on sale about a year ago, and I've been in love with Maiden ever since. Saw them for the first time this summer, and I cannot wait to see them again!

Favorite Maiden album is either TFF or SSOASS, but I change my mind between those two, AMOLAD and POM or Powerslave every few weeks  :lol: Looking forward to posting on this board, I'm really trying to find out more about what some of the songs and lyrics are about, and this board is perfect for that. Up the Irons!

Hi All!

I'm Nicolas, a Maiden fan from Argentina, and while I'm waiting until this 8/4/2011 when we will have the visit of the beast in our country, I thought that It was cool to enter to this forum.

I play Guitar and I love Rock/Metal in general.

Well, hope to talk to you all in here

Regards from Arg

UP THE IRONS!

Back