New posters! Who are you?

Forgot to do this when I first registered.
Hi, I'm Prowler_108, my actualy name is Hank, and I've been a Maiden fan since '85!
In case you haven't guessed, my favorite song is Prowler.

My name is John, live near Dallas, TX.  First album I bought was Piece of Mind, World Slavery Tour was my first time seeing them live, took my  son to see them for the first show of the TFF tour in Dallas, was a lot of fun.

John, I hope your nick "bearfan" doesn't mean what I think it does. Because I grew up in Wisconsin. I bleed green and gold. You better watch yourself. :p

Should have done this a few days a go.

My name is Sam. I live in the UK.

For anyone who doesn't know Willie-Orwontee used to be a nickname for H (according to Bruce's profile of Adrian on the official IM website).

I was first exposed to Maiden around 10 years ago when I bought the game Carmageddon II. I remember thinking "wow this music is insane". Then looking at the brochure that came with the game which showcased all their album artwork I thought "wow this artwork is insane".

Some time later I stumbled across an album called Seventh Son of a Seventh Son in a bargain bin for £2 ($3-4 I think). I thought "well this can't be very good but I'll give it a shot"

That day my life changed..............

Wasted CLV said:
Yeah, but that'd be better than a Cowboys fan! ;)

Nope. For a true Cheesehead, the Bears games are all that matter.

If we went 14-2 and won the Super Bowl, but those two losses were to the Bears, the season would still be a disaster.

If we go 2-14 but beat Chicago twice, it's a good season.

Cowboys fans are annoying. But at least Dallas has some history. They've won multiple Super Bowls. Say, so has Green Bay. How about Chicago? :innocent:

:bigsmile:

SinisterMinisterX said:
John, I hope your nick "bearfan" doesn't mean what I think it does. Because I grew up in Wisconsin. I bleed green and gold. You better watch yourself. :p

Da Bears!, yeah it means exactly what you think it does B)

I'm not really new here, but have been away for some years.

I'm 43 years old and been a maiden fan since 1982. Favourite albums are POM, NOTB, Killers, DOD etc. Favourite songs Revelations, Paschendale, Public Enema No1, 22 Acacia Avenue, Fallen Angel, New Frontier ...

Other bands I like: Blue Öyster Cult, The Beatles, Uriah Heep, Marillion, Thin Lizzy, MSG...

hi i am dzenan, fan of irons since 8 years old (about 5 years ago  :bigsmile: ) irons are my favourite band and i LOVE them and  that's it

i can't remember anything more i will later  :bigsmile:

I just realised I never posted here lol. So time to introduce myself.

I am Nuno, I'm 22 years old, I'm from Portugal, i'm a student and obviously I love IM, it's my favourite band. I listen to them for the very first time some years ago and immediatly fell in love with them and only a few a months I found this forum and at last decided to join a few days ago.
So, I think I've said the basics, anything else you wanna know just ask and I'll try to asnwer the best I can lol.

Nice to meet you all  :)

Greetings, fellow Maiden fans.  My name is Tony Greene and I am writing from Mckinney, Texas, which is a suburb just north of Dallas.  At thirty-nine years old, I am very, very late to the IM game, but I am very, very glad to be here.
  I grew up on punk (Ramones, Clash, Social Distortion) and new wave/goth (Bauhaus, U2, Ultravox) in the ‘80s, with some classic rock thrown in (Pink Floyd, Rush, Boston) and, though I have always been aware of Iron Maiden, I had never really heard more than “Run to the Hills.”  A friend had even invited me to go see them in Dallas on the Ed Hunter tour in ‘99, but I blew him off at the last minute because I really wasn’t interested.  I am sure that you can all imagine my regret over that decision.
  Anyhoo, last summer, VH1 here in the States aired “Flight 666” and I just happened to catch it one night.  Needless to say, I was immediately hooked by the sheer ferocity of the band’s live performances.  Being a musician myself, I will simply walk out of a live show if the artists do nothing more than stand on stage and sing and/or play their instruments.  Whatever, the genre, I demand to be entertained if I’m going to spend the time and money on going to see a band in concert.
  I quickly went out and bought “The Essential Iron Maiden” to test the waters.  That was sometime last summer.  Here, just over a year later, I now own every studio album, minus the two with Blaze, and have learned a good bit of the band’s history by heart.  You can believe me when I say that I have listened to nothing but Iron Maiden for the last year.  I, of course, was able to see the opening night of the tour here In Dallas, too.
  As a fan, I can’t say that I have a favorite period for the band.  Coming out of my early punk days, I really, really dig the feel of the first two albums with Paul.  Being a primarily electronic/industrial musician myself, I don’t mind the middle ‘synthy’ period whatsoever.  And since I’m not tied to the early albums as many older fans are, since I wasn’t following the band from the beginning, I love the recent albums.  For me, they’re not changing their sound, as it’s all new for me regardless of era.
  And for “The Final Frontier”?  Fookin’ love it!  Since it’s the first album released since I became a major fan, this one is mine all mine.  You lot can enjoy it, too, as I’m more than happy to share it with ya’.
  Cheers from Texas and Up the MF’n Irons!

Hey Maiden fans I'm new to the board but not new to Maiden, I've been listening since about 1985 during the world slavery tour. First concert I went to was Somewhere in Time and I haven't missed many since. Glad I stumbled upon a place where Maiden fans can gather and talk about the best band around. Up the Irons!

Hey, I'm Adam, and i'm 15
I've been listening to Maiden for 3 years now, I saw them on the SBiT tour! It was amazing!
I am originally from England, but now live in Canada, and I use YouTube alot!! Also wondering if Maiden will
release a new single CD like they do on every other album. :) (Random) ALSO! I came from an old Maiden forum
that was gray and it just ended one day, I waited months for it to 'take heat off the server' and realised it closed.
Does anyone know what happened to it? :edmetal:

Hello everyone.

My name is Farhang. I`m from Iran. 25 years old English Teacher here in Tehran. Been a Maiden Fan since I was a kid.

I`m very honored to join this great community.

:)

Khoshamad, Farhang. I must say I had a feeling you were Iranian when I saw that nick. :)

In case you're wondering, I'm an Iranian Studies major, so I speak a little Persian, although it's not all that good. Right now I'm struggling with some 1960s literature from Iran (particularly Jalal Al-e Ahmad) for my term paper...

Back