New posters! Who are you?

Intro

I didn't see an official intro area so I'll do it here.  I'll stick to the Maiden facts since that is what the site is about.
I saw Maiden for the first time in 1984 at an big outdoor show.  I mainly went to see Ratt but was immediately hook on Maiden.  Saw them again the following year. I kind of stopped listening to them around the Seventh Son album, mainly got interested in other music. 
While stationed in Germany, I saw them live again in 1996 in front of a very small crowd of about 2,000.  I hadn't listened to them in several years but still enjoyed the show.  I mainly went for something to do.
Fast foward to about 2006 when my passion for Iron Maiden picked up again.  There really isn't any good new music coming out so I fell back to what felt right.  In 2010 my wife and I drove about 500 miles to Denver to see them on the current tour.  Great show, but it was my own fault I didn't enjoy it as much as I could/should have.  See, when I started listening again in 2006, I was listening to the "old" stuff.  The concert consisted mainly of "new" stuff which I really didn't know.  My mistake.  The so called "new" stuff is fucking great and is mostly what I listen to now.

Steve Harris is the greatest bassist to ever live.  He is the reason I picked up a bass in the first place, and almost as quickly put it down when I realized I had zero musical talent.  But I still enjoy his playing. 

Re: Intro

It's fucking cool to listen/read stories about how people, like yourself, who leave Maiden aside for one reason or another and when the interest rekindle, they were and are still there making music and spectacles like they always did - powerful, sincere and honest.

My name is Shaun and i'm so glad I found this site. I've been a Maiden for three years now.
I just saw them for the first time last summer and was the best concert I ever went too!
I'm going to see them next month in Florida. I can't get enough Maiden!

My favorite songs- Revelations, Wasted Years, Number of the Beast, Wickerman, The Evil That Men Do
My Favorite Albums Iron Maiden,BNW,SSOASS,POM,TFF

New here...

Hello, this is my first post on this site.

I have a long strange history with Iron Maiden: Devoted in the eighties; completely forgot about them for twenty years; came back in 2008-- Now I can't get enough. I saw them for the first time since 1987 last summer, and though I didn't know much of the newer material at the time, I sure as hell know it now. What a great band and a great show. Truthfully, it was the combination of Dream Theater and Iron Maiden that got me to pull the trigger on the tickets but Iron Maiden proved without a shadow of a doubt why they are simply the best touring band on the road today--- And as a VERY devoted Rush fan, that is a hard pill to swallow.

Thanks for reading.

Welcome! I think you will be happy to find that there is a lot of love for Rush on this board!  :)

Good idea for a thread - grew up in New York, went to school in Pennsylvania, lived in Boston, LA, DC, Chicago, and more recently in Armenia, Tonga, and now New Zealand. Fell in love with Maiden in the 80s after seeing Run to the Hills and Aces High on MTV. Loved their lyrics, loved their intelligence... after FOTD, thought they really were spent, had moved onto to both other metal bands (Helloween, Candlemass) and other types of music... really only rediscovered them a few years ago when I came across BNW, and while I loved Dream of Mirrors, thought that maybe they still were spent b/c of the repetitive choruses. But listening to it more, I saw how they actually were back.. and with DotD, AMOLAD, and now Final Frontier, I think they've done some of their best work. The same drive, the same "maiden gallop," and really, the thought-provoking lyrics, are still there... and I'm so glad that I came back to them. With the hindsight of 20 years, their music resonates even more and is even more brilliant. After seeing them at Soundwave in Brisbane, I really wanted to get back in touch with the emotions that they stir, so finding this forum was pure bliss.

And yeah, I love Rush too :)

Hi there folks, I'm czgibson, from Hampshire in England. I've made a few posts already but somehow missed this introduction thread.

I've only been listening to Maiden for about two years, but they've quickly become one of my very favourite bands. I listen to lots of different styles (anything except pop, really), but I am definitely old school when it comes to most music. The fact that Maiden are still going as strongly as ever means I absolutely must get to see them before they pack it in. Some of the lyrics in 'The Final Frontier' worry me a bit, I have to say!

I play guitar and bass, and it was only by trying out Maiden songs that I realised how far my metal playing had slipped since I was a teenager. I'd been concentrating on rock, blues and jazz since then. The first of their tunes I cracked all the way through was 'The Clairvoyant'. I'll get them all done eventually!

Hello to all and in quite.
I appear said Christophe Wanted, I am French fan of Maiden since 16ans already.
I am going to see them for 5 ème and 6 ème time this summer in Paris Bercy on June 27th and 28th.
I am also roadie by a tribute band of iron Maiden who names Coverslave.
Escusé for my English, I used a translator to use to communicate.
Friendly a fan of Maiden  :rocker:

I am Keedo420 or simply Keedo. I live in Tucson, AZ. I've been a Maiden fan since I started High School. Killers was the album that got me into the band, but Number Of The Beast was the first album (of any band) I ever owned. I run my own little website. I am the maker of The Horde Lands mod for the PC game Mount & Blade. I have also dabbled in modding Morrowind, though I have only released a simple mini-mod called Bathhouse so far.

Yeah, it's an awesome game. Sadly I can't play it on my current computer so I'm pretty much retired from the game, at least until I can upgrade. :(

Hello to you  all.
I`m new guy here also and just found this post so i decided to write also.
My name Is Lauri, but better known as Axel. From Finland and listened Maiden since 6 years old (1988) when my cousin gave me two original c-kasettes Killers and Piece of mind, that was it, notking else to do but listen to those cream colored casettes  :bigsmile:

I'm Jessy, Denver CO - longtime fan - since 83 when I had a whole wall in my bedroom for them - magazine pages and posters and flags and scarves from England. Haven't seen them live much - once in 83 or 84 and again - I think - in 86 or 87. I'm going to one or both of the O2 Shows in August, depending on what my connection (he manages a huge US band) offers me. He's confirmed he can get them and has never let me down here in the US!

SO - I'm totally stoked for my first overseas show - and who better to see!!! TFF is absolutely kick ass - can not wait to hear those songs live.

Back