New posters! Who are you?

Another newbie here.

I'm The Lone Wolf, but just call me Jennifer ;) Or Jen, for that matter.

Anywayz.
So, YES, I'm a girl, just 17 years old, from Holland. I don´t know if I´ll be here a lot, since I´m having exams and all that crap.

So, hi from me  :hello:

Hello there :)

I just got here, but I've been checking the forum for a couple of days now.

I'm Nema, my friends call me Nee, and one of them came up with Knee-muh so just call me Knee or Nee =D 20 years. Studying languages, and I'm addicted to poetry. I read and write for 6 years now.

Oh I'm Egyptian by the way.
I hope I'll be active here =)

Knee- said:
Hello there :)

I just got here, but I've been checking the forum for a couple of days now.

I'm Nema, my friends call me Nee, and one of them came up with Knee-muh so just call me Knee or Nee =D 20 years. Studying languages, and I'm addicted to poetry. I read and write for 6 years now.

Oh I'm Egyptian by the way.
I hope I'll be active here =)

Hi there!! From which place in Egypt ??  :)

Hey, my name is John and I'm from Las Vegas, Nevada, USA originally...and now residing in Asheville, North Carolina.  I'm 40 years old and work at an architecture firm.  Been a Maiden fan since early 1983...(first album was Maiden Japan)...and I enjoy many artists, from Kiss to Porcupine Tree to Tori Amos and many in-between sounds and textures as well.  I also enjoy professional American football and movies.

Hello!!

Hi there! Welcome! I love movies myself, especially the older ones, but I do follow some new ones as well.

Forostar said:
Hi there! Welcome! I love movies myself, especially the older ones, but I do follow some new ones as well.

When you say "older," just how old...(just for clarification)?

Thanks for the welcome and the good conversation in some of these threads thus far.  It's been a fun day..!  :)

Loving the Basterds profile picture, I might add.  Easily my top film of this past year.

Private Benjamin Breeg said:
When you say "older," just how old...(just for clarification)?

Thanks for the welcome and the good conversation in some of these threads thus far.  It's been a fun day..!  :)

Loving the Basterds profile picture, I might add.  Easily my top film of this past year.

You're welcome!

When I say old, I mean everything between 1920 til let's say the seventies, but my favourite decades are probably the 1940s and 1950s. I love the "film noir" genre, and I also like many other genres (horror, westerns, war, thriller, mystery etc.), as long as there's some tension going on. I do like comedies too but I'm not fond of musicals. My favourite directors are Alfred Hitchcock, Akira Kurosawa and probably Fritz Lang. Actors would be Humphrey Bogart, James Stewart, Henry Fonda, Gregory Peck, Toshiro Mifune, Boris Karloff & Bela Lugosi. But I really dig a lot of others as well. Tons of others, also females.

If you like, check out the Classic cinema / current cinema topic. The title is somewhat misleading (it has more to do with a comparison between old and new in my intro post), because the topic itself is about older films.

For newer films it's better to use the Now watching thread.

Foro forgot the greatest actors of that generation:  Moe and Curly Howard.  :bigsmile:

Welcome Breeg.  Good posts already.  Have a praise (i.e., a rating point). 

Forostar said:
You're welcome!

When I say old, I mean everything between 1920 til let's say the seventies, but my favourite decades are probably the 1940s and 1950s. I love the "film noir" genre, and I also like many other genres (horror, westerns, war, thriller, mystery etc.), as long as there's some tension going on. I do like comedies too but I'm not fond of musicals. My favourite directors are Alfred Hitchcock, Akira Kurosawa and probably Fritz Lang. Actors would be Humphrey Bogart, James Stewart, Henry Fonda, Gregory Peck, Toshiro Mifune, Boris Karloff & Bela Lugosi. But I really dig a lot of others as well. Tons of others, also females.

If you like, check out the Classic cinema / current cinema topic. The title is somewhat misleading (it has more to do with a comparison between old and new in my intro post), because the topic itself is about older films.

For newer films it's better to use the Now watching thread.

I'll certainly check those out.  Many thanks.

Hey all. My name is Robin, I'm from just outside Leeds in the UK, and I'm 22 years old. I have been listening to Maiden since I was 4 years old. My brother, who got me into them, put me together a little tape, called "Rob's Iron Maiden". I remember it had Phantom of the Opera, Bring Your Daugher..., Tailgunner, Holy Smoke, The Clairvoyant. Can I Play With Madness and Number of the Beast on it (those last 3 from Maiden England). He is 10 years older than me, and used to get a real telling off for playing Maiden to me, because I'd get really excited, and I wouldn't sleep at all.

Anyways, I always listened to them growing up, and when I hit 12, I started getting seriously into them. I saw them at Earls Court in June 2000, and from there Maiden were more important than life and death. Every four weeks I would have saved enough money to buy a new album, my first one was Brave New World. Up until then I had always listened to my brothers stuff, but he moved out right around that time.

Now, I have seen them live six times, and even though my musical tastes have branched out somewhat (Metallica, Thin Lizzy, Deep Purple, RHCP, Muse), my number one band will always be Maiden.

About me: I studied Chemistry at University, I play guitar, I watch wrestling (yeah, I know), and I have recently started getting into movies in a pretty big way, enjoying older movies and foreign movies over crap like Transformers 2 and High School Musical. I am also keen on keeping fit/bodybuilding.

Welcome, Private and Robbiedbee. I must say it's been quite a while since we've had new members who made such interesting contributions as you two.  :welcome:

Welcome Robbiedbee. 

cornfedhick said:
Foro forgot the greatest actors of that generation:  Moe and Curly Howard.  :bigsmile:

Forostar said:
Ehh who? 

Stoogelogo.png

Please tell me you're familiar with The Three Stooges!!!  The cable channel AMC (American Movie Classics, I think) just got the rights from Columbia Pictures to air their short films from the late 1930s through early 1950s, and now broadcasts them all the time.  My kids love them, as do I.  If somehow these comedy geniuses have escaped notoriety in Holland, you've got to pick up a DVD -- today. 

[We can and should move this Stooges discussion to Classic Cinema thread.]

Welcome John and Robin!  I hope you take the time to explore this forum as well as this commentary.  Just click on 'albums' at the top menu and then select an album displayed on the right hand side to read about song comments.  Great stuff and interesting perspectives and historical backgrounds.

@ cornfed:
I love Larry, Curly and Moe.  That's the first comedy I watched when I came to Canada.  The silliness and slapstick humour was perfect for a 12 year old kid.  :D

First post here, Im Thomas from Northern Ireland, 24 years old, been a maiden fan for must be about 10 years now, like the band and their music very much, also like video games and football, support manchester united, hope to enjoy my time here talking to other fans about the the band, their songs and other stuff   

wats up everyone.  i got turned on to maiden a few years ago when i went to a concert in nyc where arch enemy was opening for them.  i didnt know anything about the band but their live show absolutley blew me away and ive been a fan ever since. 

Back