New posters! Who are you?

Hello everyone! I've been lurking this forum for awhile... since the previous Maiden forum has been down for awhile... >.<

Anyways; I absolutely love Maiden, and they've always been number 1 for me. My favourite album by them has to be Brave New World and my favourite song is The Nomad (it's VERY underrated in my opinion). I got into them when I was 6, when I heard Number of the Beast on TV... When I was 12 I got all of their albums and have listened to them God knows how many times.  :p

That's enough about Maiden (even though you CAN'T get enough of them!)... I've been playing guitar since I was 9, but didn't get serious about it until I was 12. I I'm proud to say I know nearly EVERY Maiden song by heart now  :smartarse: . I've written a few of my own in the style of Maiden, but I'd wish they'd be at least a hundreth of the talent they were.  :(

I wish to be an actor or musician (I'd rather be a musician :p) but I'll take either one. In my spare time I like playing guitar, watching movies and just hanging around with my friends and family. Some of my favourite films of all time include It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World, Back to the Future and Full Metal Jacket.

All in all; I hope to become a frequent member of this wonderful community, and to hopefully share my Maiden Nerdism with everyone else.  :halo:

run4yourlife666: Welcome! And I'm never going to type a name that long again, so I declare your official nickname to be ... r4yl. (Just like they call me SMX because it's a pain to type SinisterMinisterX.)
When did you see Maiden with Arch Enemy? I know it was a tour that didn't come to Denver ... was that the DOD tour?

Jesiff - Anyone whose favorite Maiden album is BNW is :ok: in my book.

Hello everyone!

My name is Abas, and I'm 18 yrs old. I live in Malmö, Sweden and I graduate from secondary school this summer.

Been an Iron Maiden fan since I was 6 yrs old, the first song I heard was The Angel and the Gambler. Never seen them live, though  :( I don't rank Maiden albums since I think that they all are awesome masterpieces, but one album that I hold dearer than the others are The X Factor.

Other interests are computers, and pro wrestling. I also enjoy watching TV shows

I'm happy to be here, and from what I've seen, it seems to be a cool place and so  :bigsmile:

Welcome Abas!  Cool to have more Scandinavians on the board.  And if you haven't seen it yet, at least check out the Iron Maiden Commentary, which is/was affiliated to this site.  It was what originally brought me to this forum.

one album that I hold dearer than the others are The X Factor.

You'll find that that particular album is a lot more loved here than among typical Maiden fans. :)

I registered here about three years ago, but I haven't yet introduced myself and according to my post stats I'm still a newbie, so here it goes :bigsmile:

I'm 19 years old and I live in Helsinki, Finland. (More scandinavians, wohoo). I play the guitar and I really love metal music. Still, I don't look like a metalhead or a guitarist, more like a nerd. :p
Maiden was the reason I picked up a guitar and it goes without saying that Maiden is also my favorite band. I like all their albums, espescially SSOASS and Somewhere in Time. Even Virtual XI is great, but I have to admit that it took a while before I started to like that album too. I've seen Maiden live only once for now, but I'm hopefully going to see them again this summer.

My other interests are hockey, football and laying on the couch doing nothing. Yeah, thats about it. Cheers.  :bigsmile:

Looks like I'm first one to see this and you're a fellow countryman, then I'll have to welcome you.  Good to have another Finn on the board.

If you're planning on going to the Pori Sonisphere to see Maiden, PM me; I've got a few extra tickets (my friend and I both bought tickets for our group) that I can sell you a bit cheaper than lippupalvelu does. :)

Oddly, I just discovered the forum yesterday and pretty much spent all night reading, figuring out the rules/slang, etc. First post was today, and I'm glad to say I finally have found the perfect outlet for my Maiden geekdom!!!

Anyway, I'm Jack, I'm 21, and I'm from the States. I currently reside and go to college in Chicago but will soon be moving back home to Iowa. I've only really been into Maiden for about two years (I'm a late bloomer), but I have truly fallen in love with them in that time and not a day goes by where I don't listen to a few songs at the very least.

Thanks to all the mods and owners for providing such an awesome forum to Maiden fans everywhere.

Welcome aboard!  Go Cubs, Go! 

Sorry, i'm a Blues fan, but I'll root for the 'Hawks this post-season.

Afternoon all. Name's Paul, but Fatboy is just fine. Been a Maiden fan since the early 80's. First saw the band on the 7th Son tour at Wembley Arena. Got treated to Killers and Sooty so I was well happy. I live in Lincolnshire in the UK which is crap for bands, always gotta travel, but I go to gigs as often as my limited budget allows. Fav. album is IM, closely followed by Powerslave. I'm really looking forward to the new album and hoping to catch them on tour, although I cant make Sonisphere or afford an overseas jolly, so I am waiting for more dates next year (I hope). Beyond maiden I love rock/heavy metal/thrash music, football (just drew Spain in the office sweepstake  :) ), films, FPS (currently on my 360), oh and my missus and 2 kids.

Anyway that's it from me so see you around.

Hello, my name is Thor and I'm 31 and come from the Washington, DC area of the US.  Been a big Maiden fan since the early 90's.  Saw them first on tour in a tiny club in Baltimore in 1996, and have seen them multiple times on most subsequent tours.  That list will include 5 more shows this summer where I'll be traveling with my Dad (who is 62 and also a huge fan) all over the East Coast to see the band.

Outside of metal and Maiden I enjoy distance running, singing, playing the guitar, and cooking.

I finally joined this forum after years of merely browsing because it seems like one of the more level headed and respectful Maiden boards out there.

Donner said:
I finally joined this forum after years of merely browsing because it seems like one of the more level headed and respectful Maiden boards out there.

We try :D, but SMX can be a handful every now and then :p

Welcome aboard.

Fatboy said:
Afternoon all. Name's Paul, but Fatboy is just fine. Been a Maiden fan since the early 80's. First saw the band on the 7th Son tour at Wembley Arena. Got treated to Killers and Sooty so I was well happy. I live in Lincolnshire in the UK which is crap for bands, always gotta travel, but I go to gigs as often as my limited budget allows. Fav. album is IM, closely followed by Powerslave. I'm really looking forward to the new album and hoping to catch them on tour, although I cant make Sonisphere or afford an overseas jolly, so I am waiting for more dates next year (I hope). Beyond maiden I love rock/heavy metal/thrash music, football (just drew Spain in the office sweepstake  :) ), films, FPS (currently on my 360), oh and my missus and 2 kids.

Anyway that's it from me so see you around.

Welcome aboard.  Lucky you drawing Spain.  Get ready for a big win!

:notworthy: :shred: :edmetal: Hello, I followed Fozzy over from MetalSetLists and you are much swifter to let me post than them.

I am an editor at a small ebook publishing place called Dark Roast Press and in the course of cooking up my first original fiction of any size for them, I discovered how much great concert footage is available of the bands of my youth on Youtube as well as how well they have matured. Maiden wins some sort of cosmic award for endurance of quality compared with some bands.

Virtual is how I like my bands experience though. I am following the Final Frontier avidly from the PC and sniffing all about for crumbs . Until the gig in Denver is reviewed I won't know more than peoples' cameraphones etc. provide about it.

er, I'm PESTILENCE. I used to post on the old IMBB back in 99-2006/7.

I'm a Brit, but am currently living in Sweden.

Not much info, but I'm sure you'll find out more as time goes by, and if you really care, you can always ask ;)

Hi, I am Nathan and I am new to the forum. I come from the Land Down Under and have been a Maiden fan (as well as other metal bands) since I was 3 years old. I just had my 30th birthday recently and just enjoying my day off work and just relaxing. In my spare time I sing and play lead in a local black/death metal band. Umm thats about all for now at least. I hope everyone is well and I look forward to contributing to the forums

Back