New album: The Final Frontier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nooooo

Gonna be honest, I've listened to the samples about 10 times and I have the melody from When the Wild Wind Blows stuck in my head... another Steve epic that I can't wait for

What's so great about that melody?

Honestly, I like Mother of Mercy and Satellite 15 the most... they sound dramatic and just awesome. But the rest I'm not sure about.....especially the Talisman... It's basically the Legacy pt.2, and what is Bruce saying? It's complete gibberish lyrics.

Anyway, good to be here.  :D

Stan said:

Honestly, I like Mother of Mercy and Satellite 15 the most... they sound dramatic and just awesome. But the rest I'm not sure about.....especially the Talisman... It's basically the Legacy pt.2, and what is Bruce saying? It's complete gibberish lyrics.

eddie_63-1.jpg

Stan said:

It captures the tragic nuclear fallout somber atmosphere perfectly.

And that's just 30 seconds and it just stuck on my mind. If the song was minimalist (which isn't, according to its technical description), just worked on that melody, it was already going to be fucking brilliant.

Jeffmetal said:
And that's just 30 seconds and it just stuck on my mind. If the song was minimalist (which isn't, according to its technical description), just worked on that melody, it was already going to be fucking brilliant.

That's the thing - a lot of the samples were just intros that were blowing me away.  Think about that - I can't immediately recall a Maiden song that got worse as it went on.  If the intros are good, what are the choruses / verses / solos going to be like?  :blink:

Well, like I said, AMOLAD is among my most favorite 8 Maiden albums which are every album with Bruce except No Prayer and FOTD. The only reason I like AMOLAD just a little bit less is because of the dark and serious feel to it which causes Bruce's vocals to sound more serious. On all the others, his vocals have more of a mystical and magical feel to them and that's what I'm getting from the new stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back