New album: The Final Frontier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, this is the review from the French magazine Metallian I brought to this thread, and it's on Maiden's lastfm shoutbox 'cos I posted it there. :D

you can download starblind and other tff songs for $3 dont remember site  lol

its most likely fake and its pounds so i dont if u can pay in usd i wouldnt recomend buying it period  web2txt.co.uk/iron-maiden-starblind-mp3-download-1252-9578871/

Hi there,

I partly own and fully manage http://web2txt.co.uk/

Firstly, thanks for the link and the visits, it's always nice to be talked about even if some people have gotten the wrong idea about us.

Second, yes it is a pre-release and thanks for bringing this to my attention.

The site does say: Released: Mon, 16 Aug 2010

Dispite being online for nine years the mp3 downloads and albums are a new addition to the site, therefore there are one of two bugs that need finding and fixing. I'm the only developer working on the case, as it is today I'd not written the bits to handle pre-releases. We've had the mp3 content onboard since the 5th of June so it is really fresh and new to us.

I'd like to chime in and add:

Yes we accept pound sterling, we are a VAT registered business in England and Wales.
We are fully licensed and fees are paid on all sales. FYI 71% RRP and 8% gross is paid out.
Yes, it should be available for download on the 16th.
No, it is not fake.

In the meanwhile I will be editing the site to not present any buy now info or links to PayPal when an album or single isn't available and I will also remove the preview player from the song display pages as the actual audio cuts are not available till the release date.

I appreciate this issue being bought up but resent the bogus comments and comment about us accepting pounds. There is more to the world than the failing state of your USD.

Thanks

Andy

bornless1 said:
:lol:
Picture1-61.png

Almost down to a month!

The wait for this album is killing me.  And to make things either much better, or much worse depending on your view point, my recently converted Maidenite wife is also hounding me about the new material.  Looks like i'm buying two copies!

Between 10 days or so we could open a new thread with the countdown !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chaosapiant said:
The wait for this album is killing me.  And to make things either much better, or much worse depending on your view point, my recently converted Maidenite wife is also hounding me about the new material.  Looks like i'm buying two copies!

I understand you....because the same thing is happening to me with my girlfriend which became a fan 5 years ago !!!!

...do you have to open a new thread to do that...for that matter, do you have to do it at all?

andymoo said:
Hi there,

<snip>

I appreciate this issue being bought up but resent the bogus comments and comment about us accepting pounds. There is more to the world than the failing state of your USD.

Thanks

Andy

Hi there,

You had my interest, and impressed me with your proactive professionalism, until you decided it was a good idea to get snobbish yourself.

If a website appears to offer downloads of unreleased tracks, it is reasonable for a person to think it's a scam. And if that person happens to be in the USA, it's reasonable that they would prefer to pay in dollars.

You have no reasonable cause to resent anything that was said here. Try maintaining your professionalism next time you're talking to potential customers.

Thanks

SMX

andymoo said:
Hi there,

Firstly, thanks for the link and the visits, it's always nice to be talked about even if some people have gotten the wrong idea about us.

Second, yes it is a pre-release and thanks for bringing this to my attention.

The site does say: Released: Mon, 16 Aug 2010

Dispite being online for nine years the mp3 downloads and albums are a new addition to the site, therefore there are one of two bugs that need finding and fixing. I'm the only developer working on the case, as it is today I'd not written the bits to handle pre-releases. We've had the mp3 content onboard since the 5th of June so it is really fresh and new to us.

I'd like to chime in and add:

Yes we accept pound sterling, we are a VAT registered business in England and Wales.
We are fully licensed and fees are paid on all sales. FYI 71% RRP and 8% gross is paid out.
Yes, it should be available for download on the 16th.
No, it is not fake.

In the meanwhile I will be editing the site to not present any buy now info or links to PayPal when an album or single isn't available and I will also remove the preview player from the song display pages as the actual audio cuts are not available till the release date.

Thanks

Andy
How about putting the audio samples up now? :D Again, I can only dream!

Can someone please refresh my memory on something? For AMOLAD, TROBB, BTATS, and DW were released before the album came out correct? How far in advance was each of those released? I don't remember getting any of them as early as we got ED. I'm also wondering this so we might get an idea of when another song will be released. I'm going to guess around a month before.

On the first week of August. I'm guessing if there's another new song to be released before the album release, it'll be the video clip, which is probably not for El Dorado. I think it could be for The Alchemist as it's the shorter song on The Final Frontier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back