Misheard lyrics

I've sometimes heard "crucent", which isn't even a word, lol.

Ryu4koaNT_u2W4W-LNzRKw_375x500.jpg

In "Twilight Zone" live, a lot of French people (including myself) can hear "oh oh oh il vit sa vie" instead of "deep inside me".
0'45-46

In the Legacy, it kinda sounds like "shake of their ass"

Instead of "shake of their hands."

...and in Quest for Fire, if you listen reeeeal closely, the opening sorta sounds like, "In a time when dinosaurs walked the earth"... but obviously, that's not right. 'Cause that would be stupid.

The first time I heard "Lord Of The Flies" I thought Blaze was singing "same-sex sinners", which made me do a double-take until I checked the lyric book! Puts a whole different spin on that song... :huh:

"Gosh, these Maiden blokes sure are puritanical! And here I thought they were liberal Satanists!"

Not Maiden but Helloween: having discovered Walls of Jericho on a worn out recordable cassette (which may explain the confusion), I used to hear "George!" instead of "Tilt!" at the end of "Gorgar". :)

The first time I heard "Lord Of The Flies" I thought Blaze was singing "same-sex sinners", which made me do a double-take until I checked the lyric book! Puts a whole different spin on that song... :huh:
Having said that, they were stranded on an island, so we cannot be really sure... :D

Chorus (03:36) sounds like "This is the planet earth, there is no Kosovo"

Considering they don't release lyrics, it might be true! :p

I can't believe I haven't shared this yet, but for the longest time until I decided to randomly read the lyrics to the song while listening ...this is what I heard when listening to Running Free.

Just sixteen
I think I'm drunk
Out of money, out of luck

I was dumbfounded when I found out that it's NOT "I think I'm drunk" but "A pickup truck".

...I don't know, I think my version is better.

I remember when Soundgarden's Black Rain was released the top comment on YouTube was "Feeling like a blonde bitch running from a black guy, Heeeeeey!". I liked that so much I didn't look up the real lyrics ("Feeding on the blood lets running from a black day, Heeeeeey!") for years.

Back to Maiden, a friend of mine always heard "sometimes when you're scared to take a look at the corner of the room" in FOTD as "colour of the room". My FOTD CD booklet still has a circle in pen around "corner" from when I tried to prove it to him. He still wasn't convinced.

This is a Judas Priest one. For years and years on Beyond the Realms of Death I thought Rob was singing "they washed and dressed him, fed him a ham"...
Finally today I saw it's "fed him by hand"

For Maiden (and someone probably has posted this already): "Someone chasing, a Caribou"....instead of "I cannot move"....

Probably been mentioned, but something else I've just remembered from the ending of From Here To Eternity...

Yeah, yer livin'! Handle your points you racist (racing?) men... HA HA HA!

I do enjoy that evil cackle :bigsmile:

Back