Metallica

Delighted by this, I was determined to see Metallica on this tour anyway, but the fact Ghost are on the bill makes it a lot better.

Not delighted about it being Slane, which despite the tour poster, is not in Dublin, but is a rural village with bad transport access. I've never been to a festival at Slane before so hopefully the horror stories about access being a nightmare turn out to be exagerrated.

Second on the bill, weird to see that in Black era. Anyway I don't think they've played a single show as anything else than headliners since 1993. I don't think Maiden have either, since 1986.
Metallica opened a few shows for The Rolling Stones in San Fransisco 2005

Slane tickets are from €89.50, with a copy of Hardwired included in the price, presumable a digital download.

It seems that tickets in Ireland are cheaper than in Barcelona!

• PL1 Gold Circle 125€ + 15€ fee
• PL2 Good seats 110€ + 13.5€ fee
• PL3 Standing 85€ + 10.5€ fee
• PL4 Not so good seats 85€ + 10.5€ fee
• PL5 Other seats 65€ + 10.5€ fee

Metallica opened a few shows for The Rolling Stones in San Fransisco 2005

Thx, didn't know they actually opened for them but I know the story about the joint photo.
Also @srfc, Maiden did this public concert, a May Day celebration appearance in 1993

It seems that tickets in Ireland are cheaper than in Barcelona!

• PL1 Gold Circle 125€ + 15€ fee
• PL2 Good seats 110€ + 13.5€ fee
• PL3 Standing 85€ + 10.5€ fee
• PL4 Not so good seats 85€ + 10.5€ fee
• PL5 Other seats 65€ + 10.5€ fee

Well, I only saw it mentioned in an article that tickets are from €89.50 so maybe there will be other more expensive tickets

@srfc RE Slane, I saw GnR there last year and it was €90 for normal standing and €150 for golden circle. We ended up with GC because my missus ticked the wrong box by mistake. It was worth it though. A lot of the standing in Slane is on a slope but GC is all on the flat. You are closer, flatter and less packed.
As far as access goes, it can be a bit of a melt, especially if its pishin, as it was when I was there. The village is closed so you can only get so close via car/bus. Then its a 15-20min walk to the village where you can have a pint in one of the very, very crowed bars. Good buzz about but not ideal for the claustrophobic. Then its another 15-20min walk to the venue. Baring in mind that I was on gin for breakfast that day, these timescales may not be accurate but not a million miles away.
My recommendation, if possible, would be to look for an Air BnB in the village, thus avoiding the cluster fuck of getting out of the car park at the end.

there was talk at the weekend of a mate running a bus, I won't mind too much delays getting out of the car park/town if it's not me driving, a bag of cans drinking in the car park american style sounds not too bad as well.

Updated Slane prices

VIP compound- €272.75
Gold circle- €159.50
Standing- €99.50
Standing zone A- €89.50

plus fees, the cheap standing is miles back, you might as well not be there, plus it's a very small section

Back