Maiden England Tour 2012/2013!

Watching these clips...it's the first time I have sort of noticed that the guys are starting to show their age a TINY little bit. Its not a bad thing...kind of makes me sad to know that the end of Maiden probably isn't that far off.

they could sit down and play for all i care if they are too old

The Edmonton show was fantastic! The band always brings it, but the crowd was exceptionally enthusiastic. It was a hot Friday night, and the arena is on the same grounds where the annual summer fair is located, and half the Maiden crowd was outside in the beer gardens all afternoon, or going for rides, fair food, and fireworks afterwards.

One thing that stood out, and I haven't seen this on any of the other videos I've come across, but during
'The Evil That Men Do', Bruce actually sang the same lyrics during the second verse as on the album (i.e. he sang "Don't you cry for me" instead of "I would cry for her" or some other variant).

Check it out at around 1:58:

That is rare, MaidenCanada... I can't think of any live version of that song where he sings that part of the lyrics exactly the same as the album version. I don't even think he did in Chicago or Indianapolis a few weeks ago. Nice little treat for ya heh

Damn the lucky ones who can go...

As for 2013, what UK events do we think they'll do? I doubt there will be a full tour (10+ shows), but would we see a festival show (Download, Reading, Sonisphere if it comes back) or a stadium show again (Twickenham, or another venue).

Personally, I'd like them to do a short UK tour of about four or five dates; what I'd really like is for them to play the Leeds Arena when it opens next year as it will be a bus trip away for me :)

A Solid Tour would be

Edinburgh Castle (roughly an arena size gig)
Leeds Arena (never played)
Liverpool Arena (never played)
Wembley Arena

Four Dates, 40,000 tickets: solid days.

Damn the lucky ones who can go...

As for 2013, what UK events do we think they'll do? I doubt there will be a full tour (10+ shows), but would we see a festival show (Download, Reading, Sonisphere if it comes back) or a stadium show again (Twickenham, or another venue).

Personally, I'd like them to do a short UK tour of about four or five dates; what I'd really like is for them to play the Leeds Arena when it opens next year as it will be a bus trip away for me :)

A Solid Tour would be

Edinburgh Castle (roughly an arena size gig)
Leeds Arena (never played)
Liverpool Arena (never played)
Wembley Arena

Four Dates, 40,000 tickets: solid days.

Just saw nicko today in Vancouver at a taco time

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest; it is a well known fact that Nicko's nickname is "Boomer". I'm guessing that he was fueling-up for the next round of audio and odor assaults on unsuspecting people. I would hate to be his drum stool.

Thoroughly enjoyed last night's show

Coheed and Cambria ( a band I like) seemed a little out of sync early, but were still enjoyable. Their surprise highlight was an excellent cover of Heaven and Hell.

Some have said the boys are starting to show their age. I didn’t see it. Dave might be edging toward the rocking chair a mite, but Bruce gave it all night long and Steve seemed particularly edgy.

The performance was on, not razor sharp, but lively and rapid fire.

Did Janick finally find himself a bottle of conditioner?

Bruce said he’d just come back from a detour to Yellowknife in the high Canadian arctic. Be curious to know more of what that was all about.

We had great seats — row three in the arena bowl on Davey's side, just far enough towards the blueline that he was rarely hidden from view.

Top-notch light and stage show. More pyro then I’m used to and cool Eddies everywhere. Every time the flames hit, I felt like the propane had been left open on the barbecue and I was about to lose my eyebrows.

How have the crowds been on the tour? Full house (16,000-seat arena) here and they were rocking.

I knew the set list going in, but 7th Son and Afraid to Shoot Strangers fooled me into failing to see what a greatest hits package it really was, catered to the North American Golden Age fans. For the most part it was hit after familiar hit for the non-hardcore types.

I was OK with that because they’ve been good about giving me enough new stuff on previous tours. And they gave me Afraid to Shoot Strangers last night, which was poignant and brilliant. The Prisoner rocked and fit right in with the “singles”theme of the show. Seventh Son was a nice showpiece live too,

Almost thought we were going to get an extra track because the crowd was really giving it after Running Free and the house lights took forever to come on. But they were just messing with us.

And, it's always great to share the Maiden experience with my girls.
concert.jpg

Hey Guys, new member first post.

Can someone who has attended the tour tell me of the Montage piece on the merch stand is a flag or a poster print?

Bruce said he’d just come back from a detour to Yellowknife in the high Canadian arctic. Be curious to know more of what that was all about.

It was in the news in Edmonton:

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/entertainment/Iron Maiden joins Pilots historic northbound plane/7009343/story.html

Iron Maiden joins Ice Pilots NWT on historic northbound plane
By Sandra Sperounes, Edmonton Journal July 30, 2012 7:11 AM

EDMONTON - “Welcome to the Maiden flight of Ed Force Three,” beams Mikey McBryan, one of the stars of History Television’s reality show, Ice Pilots NWT.

The general manager of Buffalo Airways is standing in front of the cockpit door of a Douglas DC-3 as the vintage aircraft idles on the runway at the Edmonton Municipal Airport.

His father, Buffalo Joe, sits in the pilot’s seat, while one of Mikey’s childhood heroes is in the co-pilot’s seat: Iron Maiden vocalist Bruce Dickinson, fresh off a gig at Rexall Place.

And the shows in Edmonton and Calgary were both brilliant. Calgary looked to be around 90% sold out, and the fans who were there were very good. The Edmonton show was almost sold out as well (I saw a few empty nosebleed seats from my seat). The band was great - Bruce is amazingly athletic and can still belt it out.

It was in the news in Edmonton:

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/entertainment/Iron Maiden joins Pilots historic northbound plane/7009343/story.html

And the shows in Edmonton and Calgary were both brilliant. Calgary looked to be around 90% sold out, and the fans who were there were very good. The Edmonton show was almost sold out as well (I saw a few empty nosebleed seats from my seat). The band was great - Bruce is amazingly athletic and can still belt it out.
Awesome! Thanks.

I saw Maiden in Canada, they were good, but the seats sucked. You could only see Bruce. Then I was surprised with tickets to Seattle. So we went off. The seats were VIP box seats front row. Much better than last time, that night was really energetic. During the middle part of seventh son, I'm pretty sure Bruce pointed towards me and said "you, yes you down there in the box, are the chosen one," it was an awesome show, even though the guy in the box with us smoked weed. It was a awesome show. I can only hope the same for you if you haven't gone. And I don't know if it was just me but Afraid to shoot strangers seemed like it didn't work right live, and moonchild and can I play with madness noone seemed to cheer. But it was awesome, best songs of the night: fear of the dark, clairvoyant, prisoner, Tm2M, 7th son, and phantom of the opera. [\spoilers]

I see them headlining Download next year (25th anniversary of album and MoR and 7th time headlining) following it up with an arena your over nov/dec.

I hope they don't headline Download, the stage is a mile up in the air, with the audience split down the middle (albeit understandable). Plus it was an organisational shambles this year. I mean I'd still try and go, but would prefer an arena show - far more intimate, better atmosphere and easier to sort out getting to than a festival...

It's, what, six years next year since they last headlined Download? And eight since Reading and Leeds.

That's my main bug about them playing Leeds Arena: it's going to be one of the bigger arenas in the UK (behind MEN, O2, Wembley, Earls Court, NIA and LG Arena for Concert Attendance, so in the top half and the second largest out of London and Birmingham)... but if they play the festival, tehre will be no need to bring it to the local arena :/

Download and Reading/Leeds seems like the best bet; if they play Download, we may hopefully see a tour as well in the Autumn/Winter of 2013.

Back