Maiden England Tour 2012/2013!

Seriously. You went to a second show to see a prop, you missed the first time around? (And you were pissed that you missed it?) The set design, personally, is so far down the list of reasons I'd go & see Maiden. Is it really that impressive?

I never said any of that. I did not attend these concerts just for the stage design. But they are a big part to the experience, all in my opinion.

I went to Chicago on July 5th. My seat was so far to the right of the stage, however, I didn't get to see any of the backdrops and props, as they were blocked from view by a gigantic, horribly-placed curtain.

I then went to Indianapolis on July 19. These tickets were dead center stage, in the pit, so i was very excited to see the things I missed two weeks earlier. And the prop was not used, so yes, I was disappointed. And not at the band, just that I missed seeing the prop with my own eyes.

Nope, it was me that went twice because of the "incomplete" show in Milwaukee, but in my defense, I mostly just wanted to see the show again because I had so much fun in Milwaukee. I was off work anyway, and decided it was worth it, since the first show blew my mind! Lost in translation because of the spoiler tag. Sorry.

I'm a theatre nerd, so the set is a great "icing on the cake" for me, but to each his own. I'll admit that it was a great EXCUSE to see Maiden twice, and who can disagree with that. If it makes you feel better, I actually thought about going to Caddott, too. :p

Eh, yeh, sorry Demigod_Tyek --my comment was for mskatonic (should have used quote function.)

Ah, you're a "theatre nerd" --well, that makes a lot more sense, & is a perfectly good reason for appreciating (more than the layman) the spectacle that is the Maiden "show" besides the band themselves (& the music). And, you admit it was an excuse anyway & that you really just wanted to see Maiden twice! :D

I can't disagree with that. Apologies for being a little snippy.

Watching these clips...it's the first time I have sort of noticed that the guys are starting to show their age a TINY little bit. Its not a bad thing...kind of makes me sad to know that the end of Maiden probably isn't that far off.

Eh, yeh, sorry Demigod_Tyek --my comment was for mskatonic (should have used quote function.)

Ah, you're a "theatre nerd" --well, that makes a lot more sense, & is a perfectly good reason for appreciating (more than the layman) the spectacle that is the Maiden "show" besides the band themselves (& the music). And, you admit it was an excuse anyway & that you really just wanted to see Maiden twice! :D

I can't disagree with that. Apologies for being a little snippy.
No apology necessary! I just didn't want Demigod_Tyek taking the heat for my folly. To paint an accurate picture --- I'm the dork sitting in the audience trying to figure out how they're doing all the lighting effects and what types of fog machines they're using. As I mentioned in another post, I work in the supply side of the business, and I was praying someone from the Maiden tour would stop in the shop when they were in town, but no luck. We did get someone from the Coheed & Cambria crew in the store last week, though. He was talking to another salesperson, and I know he noticed my head pop up when he mentioned "Iron Maiden" when trying to get some recommendations for their rig.

Ariana --- that video is pretty funny.

I guess I'm showing my age, too, since I can't imagine texting while I was at a concert, especially a Maiden concert. I can't imagine what would be going through a performer's head to watch someone be more interested in a phone than the show they paid to see!

Watching these clips...it's the first time I have sort of noticed that the guys are starting to show their age a TINY little bit. Its not a bad thing...kind of makes me sad to know that the end of Maiden probably isn't that far off.

People said that in 1994 with little faith 18 years ago as well !!

I guess I'm showing my age, too, since I can't imagine texting while I was at a concert, especially a Maiden concert. I can't imagine what would be going through a performer's head to watch someone be more interested in a phone than the show they paid to see!

I would guess it depends entirely on WHAT they are interested in on their phone... I missed 3 songs of my first AMOLAD gig because I had to leave the arena to phone my gf, because about halfway through her mum got taken into hospital and she was very upset. For small things that can easily be replied to later? I think it's a bit weird though :p

Here's a funny video from the Klipsch Music Center in Indianapolis. Apparently, Bruce spotted some guy was texting and had something to tell him. :D

Face it - that's what we love Bruce so much for!

That was pretty damn funny! :D

I honestly don't think they're looking that old. Steve's a bit jowly, but Brucie, as always, looks fine --& was sounding really good too. When I look at Adrian I think, as he gets older, he's looking more & more kingly. Remove the bandanas, & put a crown there...

I think the only real showing of age for the band is hair, Bruce's hair in particular is getting rather grey when you see off-stage shots. Janick/H are showing quite a bit as well in some pictures. Out of all bands I've seen... K.K. Downing is the one who shows his age the most.

I know, but they're in their fifties. I mean, Nicko is 60. (I'm half their age & have less hair.) I think their hair is not ageing them. If Steve cut his hair he'd proper look like an old bloke. But long, he's Steve Harris, of Iron Maiden. Still, we need to accept they're getting on, & start, soon, thinking of them as a bunch of very entertaining O.A.P.'s! They're total national treasure status --when are they all going to get knighted!

Looks like a montage but probably will look like this in 2013
55255233121907030054213.jpg

One thing I never got was why they chose The Trooper for the artwork theme of this tour.

H is he, the chosen one
The fallen angel, watching you.

they could sit down and play for all i care if they are too old

Back