Maiden England Tour 2012/2013!

Not that crazy down here in latin america... After 3 songs everyone calms down a little, yet we all sing and still can listen to the singer and the instruments... Quite fun and a experience to be in there. The time I saw Fear of the Dark live by a cover band we were like 60 people in there but we all were singing, awesome moments.

for 2013 maiden england tour leg. this is the change i would love to see
1.Moonchild
2.Can I Play With Madness
3.The Prisoner
4.Infinit Dreams
5.Afrade To Shoot Strangers
6.Killers
7.The Number Of The Beast
8.Phantom Of The Opera
9.Run To The Hills
10.Wasted Years
11.Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
12.The Clairvoyant
13.Alexander The Great
14.Iron Maiden

15.Aces High
16.The Evil That Men Do
17.Running Free

Moderator warning: Even if it's a modified setlist, use spoiler tags!

I'd love to See the Entire original maiden england list played with a few extra songs
1. Moonchild
2. Evil that men do
3. Prisoner
4. Still Life
5.Die With your boots on
6. Infinite Dreams
7. Afraid To Shoot Strangers
8. Killers
9. Can I Play W madness
10. Phantom of The Opera
11. Heaven Can Wait
12. 7th Son
13. Clairvoyant
14. Iron Maiden
-----
15. Number of the beast
16. Wasted Years
17. Hallowed Be thy Name

Just got back from the Indianapolis show; needed to discuss something

For some reason, the "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" Eddie-prop was NOT used in Indianapolis. It was just the backdrop that was there. No Eddie, no candlesticks, nothing. It was kind of disappointing. Was wondering if anyone knew anything about this?

For some reason, the "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" Eddie-prop was NOT used in Indianapolis. It was just the backdrop that was there. No Eddie, no candlesticks, nothing. It was kind of disappointing. Was wondering if anyone knew anything about this?

There can be dozens of reasons for that. Maintenance, as Ariana said - or maybe the thing just broke and needed to be fixed. Maybe it didn't fit in the venue. Or something went wrong when they tried to put it onstage. There's the famous case of the burning cross not coming onstage during Rock in Rio for Sign of the Cross because something went terribly wrong when they tried to bring it on and a roadie broke his arm.

I was at the Indy show and I was wondering about the prop too. However got to give Maiden credit for that show last night. You see we haven't had any, and I do mean any, rain since the begining of May. So it just figures that the night of the Maiden show a severe thunderstorm would hit just as we arrived. They wouldn't even allow people who had lawn seats, like me, enter the premises until the storm passed. I understand the safety reasoning behind it and have no problems with it. However thanks to Mr. Axle "Ass" Rose and an incident there during the Use Your Illusion tour, there is now a strictly enforced 11:00 p.m. curfew for all shows. The show last night was supposed to stat at 7:30 but didn't start till 8:45. Now a lot of bands would've either cancelled the opening act or shortened their own set. But Maiden did neither and put on a full show, without the 7th son prop but with everything else, that definately kicked ass and impressed a couple of people that went with me and had never seen Maiden. Of course they ran well over the curfew and I'm sure they'll be assessed a substantial fine, yet Maiden proved last night that they are definately a band that cares about their fans. So maybe the weather delay had something to do with them not using the prop.

Yeah, I figured the prop wasn't there most likely because of the weather, and the one-hour delay that occured because of the storm/tornado warnings.

9 out of 10 bands would have probably just canceled the show. That is one of the special things about Iron Maiden, I now understand. After they hadn't let the lawn people in, and me and my friends were already in the pit (they let people who had tickets under the actual pavilion in), when the service manager came on stage and said into the microphone, "Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen", I WAS SO SCARED HE WAS SAYING THE SHOW WAS POSTPONED/CANCELED!... which would have been devastating for me because I drove 400 miles just for that concert, and had to be in at work the next morning. It would have ruined everything.

Thankfully, he just stated that the show was to be delayed about 30 minutes, to ride out the storm, and that the full set would still take place! Phew. And since it had stormed for an hour, the weather was nice and cool and I barely sweat at all. In Chicago, two weeks ago, it was 100 degrees that night and even Bruce remarked during the encore that it was hot as balls out there.

The delay lasted closer to an hour, and yeah, Iron Maiden didn't get done playing until close to 11:30pm. You could tell they were kind of "rushing" the last several songs.

They went into the encore almost instantly after Iron Maiden ended. And they went right into the Evil That Men Do upon Aces High's completion. Finally, for Running Free (probably the most rushed song), the band was all said and done in maybe 4-5 minutes, when usually they drag it out to 8-10 minutes. Bruce introduced the band all back to back, with almost no breaks in between them. And as I said before, the Eddie prop was missing from Seventh Son. It makes sense. They probably saved about 10 minutes total at the end of the night

Video of the entirety of the opening show in Charlotte is now on YouTube, the quality isn't brilliant but it's quite good nonetheless.

Well, my uncle has a car load and won't be able to pick me up for Rock Fest so no Iron Maiden for me! :( Not the end of the world though since Rush, Motley Crue/KISS, and my most favorite guitar player ever, Steve Vai are coming!

I'll definitely post tomorrow before we leave if it happens.

Oh, check this out!
From: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=176967

According to Leader-Telegram, the organizers of the Rock Fest festival in Cadott, Wisconsin have revealed that the stage at this year's event will be expanded to accommodate Saturday night's performance by British heavy metal legends IRON MAIDEN.

"We actually are adding on 5 feet to the back of the stage and 8 feet to the front of the stage just to fit their set," festival director Wade Asher said. "It's the biggest set we've ever had at Country Fest or Rock Fest, period. Kind of crazy."[/spooiler]

Maybe this is the answer?

That was the same prop missing from the show in Milwaukee. Bruce mentioned in the Milwaukee show that it was because of the size of the stage at the Marcus Ampitheater. I'm wondering if that may have been the case because if it was a last minute substitution, the backdrop would have been hung and in place already. I suppose that they had over an hour to put it up if that was the case, though. The missing prop was one of the reasons I took in my second Maiden show the following night in Chicago, though. I was pissed about it, but it wasn't the band's fault. It's cool that they are likely going to have the whole show at Caddott, though.

**edited for clarification**

Completely understandable. Not all stages at venues are the same sizes. In fact, I just read that article where the stage at Rockfest tomorrow actually needs to build more to it in order to support Iron Maiden's stage.

I was disappointed at not seeing the prop, but not disappointed at the band. Just at the situation. That prop looks absolutely incredible, and is definitely a highlight of the show.

Seriously. You went to a second show to see a prop, you missed the first time around? (And you were pissed that you missed it?) The set design, personally, is so far down the list of reasons I'd go & see Maiden. Is it really that impressive?

Well, my dad's having car troubles so it's a no go, but it's really not the end of the world and I'm sure they'll be back around at least a couple more times.

I've got a friend that's missing Maiden tonight, which especially sucks since he's never seen them before, and he was the person who got me into them, so I might feel a little guilty about being able to see them (in August) when he won't have been able to. But not enough to stop me from going ;)

Back