Maiden England Tour 2012/2013!

I really do like this setlist and cannot wait to see them in Sacramento. However, I am kinda disappointed they are not playing Infinite Dreams, Still Life, or Die With Your Boots On. Who knows, maybe we will see them next tour.

Pretty decent setlist, I am very excited to hear songs 3 and 5, been hoping forever that they'd play them once again so I would be able to hear them live. And of course, the central epic to this tour!

First I thought I wanted to know the complete setlist, but now I have a different idea. A better idea.
Would someone of you be so kind to answer the following, naturally in spoilers.
1. Do they play Fear of the Dark?
2. Do they play Infinite Dreams?
3. Do they play Seventh Son of a Seventh Son?

What? Serious?! Bummer! :(

Well, I am glad I know this in advance. Or else I'd been waiting for it ... until infinity...
Thanks for helping me out with this, Poto!

Yeah, them not playing Infinite Dreams is the only disappointment I have in the setlist. But it is definitely redeemed by all of the other epics on the list...

Rant starts: NO HALLOWED WTF!!!!! On Maiden England tour Fear Of The Dark album gets more songs than SIT, wtf. Where's Infinite Dreams, why do they like to play Can I Play With Madness so much when it sucks live?! WHERE'S HALLOWED?! Why do they play 2 songs from Powerslave again when Maiden England video had none + they already had a history tour focusing on that album... WHERE'S HALLOWED?!
Overall I still like the setlist, but dropping Hallowed is a mortal sin IMO. And I'll never understand their obvious hate for SIT...

Rant starts: NO HALLOWED WTF!!!!! On Maiden England tour Fear Of The Dark album gets more songs than SIT, wtf. Where's Infinite Dreams, why do they like to play Can I Play With Madness so much when it sucks live?! WHERE'S HALLOWED?! Why do they play 2 songs from Powerslave again when Maiden England video had none + they already had a history tour focusing on that album... WHERE'S HALLOWED?!
Overall I still like the setlist, but dropping Hallowed is a mortal sin IMO. And I'll never understand their obvious hate for SIT...

Perhaps for personal reasons they dont like to play songs from the period you mentioned, brings back bad memories etc and just is not fun :(

A Maiden show without Hallowed is like sex with her bra on... And no Infinite Dreams :( Still, it's pretty awesome, especially ATSS! :D

Very Surprised about Hallowed, I would much prefer that rather than Fear of the Dark. Very happy to hear Afraid to shoot strangers on the list!! Strong setlist overall, 2 minutes again? Please no!

Well.
Well well well.
Some unexpected surprises, and some unexpected not-so-surprises.
I think the headline grabber for most people will be the exclusion of the ever present Hallowed Be Thy Name, which now means only Iron Maiden has been played at every concert since the corresponding album's release.
I'm pretty certain that it will turn up for 2013, as they will probably get some flak for missing it off; it will probably replace Aces High in the encore, but who knows?
Other points to make:

+The press release stated that the set would feature "around two thirds of Maiden England." We got nine out of fifteen tracks, although Run to the Hills and Running Free were also part of the original encore from the tour which was never present on the media release. They have also included The Trooper which had been dropped for the UK leg. So, theoretically, we have actually recieved twelve songs which recieved outings on the tour.

+A return to a seventeen song setlist. And a return to a short encore; the last few years of encores have featured a 7min+ song, although it's perfectly concieveable that Running Free will now serve as an elongated version.

+Glad to see that we did get one of the SIT songs from Maiden England. By the same deduction, I see that Wasted Years will be replaced by Heaven Can Wait for 2013, something I will grumble about (based in UK, and would much rather grab the former rather than the latter).

+The outing of Afraid to Shoot Strangers threw some people, but not me. I think I had previously predicted it would make the setlist; however, I think it would be wrong to presume that we will recieve any more songs from NPFTD-onwards. With the possible exception of Daughter/Slaughter, I highly doubt any more ninties songs would be played.

+I had hopes for Infinite Dreams, and I can imagine the outrage from the US if it turns up in 2013. I can imagine increased outrage if it was to replace Fear of the Dark. However, I wouldn't yet rule it out making an appearence.

+The Trooper is selected ahead of the two other Piece of Mind tracks from Maiden England because it was not played in North America during The FFWT.

+Aces High seems like an unconventional choice to start the encore with, but no complaints; secretly, I hope that it remains for 2013, even if it is moved from its current position. 2 Minutes to Midnight however is a bone of contention for me. Heard it in Sheffield last year; was the weakest song of the night IMO, something that has disuaded me from hearing it again.

+You lucky US fans have recieved The Prisoner. You may complain of the lack of Still Life, Die With Your Boots On and Killers, but I would bet some substansial amount of money that come 2013, it will make way for Hallowed Be Thy Name.

I think I have nearly exhausted my list of references for the concert. So, some pretty nice tracks (The Prisoner, Wasted Years, Aces High), some glaring omissions (Hallowed, Hallowed, Infinite Dreams and Hallowed), some give or take tracks (2 Minutes to Midnight, Can I Play With Madness). However, it still remains a strong set, drawing from all but one of their eighties albums. Roll on 2013.

Shocked but glad to see Aces High (especially so late into the setlist) and Phantom.
Brilliant to see Afraid to Shoot Strangers too!
Shame about no Hallowed or Infinite Dreams, but overall, a great setlist in my opinion.

that's more or less their "fixed" setlist for the whole tour I suppose ... quite surprising mix, should be killer!! but I can't help to hate myself if Janick (again) take few more H's infamous leads in Prisoner, 7th Son n Aces High, God Forbid!!!! .. while I'm getting used to his deliverance in Moonchild (if the band decided to play it according to SBIT's version, that Janick's), I'm rather to shut my ears if he allowed to occupy H's territory on that 3 songs!! .. and maybe somebody can post the whole setlist complete with who solos here and there .. and Foro, pls help me coz I'm a fucking dumb for not knowing how to put SPOILER tags, forgive meeee

Yes, awesome setlist. But what are the odds that Maiden would drop tracks like Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Phantom, Trooper, and Aces High for songs like Die With Your Boots On, Infinite Dreams, Killers, and Hallowed?

Can't believe no Hallowed. I guess I'm happy to see them change something that never changes but I was more looking at 2MTM, NotB or FotD. Hallowed is a sacred Maiden song though, I still imagine I'd be disappointed to not see it although props to them for risking it.

Plus points: Yes SSoaSS! Amazing song, deserves it's nights in the spotlight. The return of Phantom is also great. A little surprising but it does replace Hallowed well (similar length, era, etc). The Prisoner I expected but still good. Liked that Aces High and Moonchild switched from SBiT tour. Wish RttH would fuck off but I guess it missed the last tour. Running Free as a closer is cool although maybe I hope it changed in time for the European tour. Afraid to Shoot Strangers is unexpected and a nice change. There are other longer songs I'd have liked to have seen instead but I'm not going to complain.

So, I think this is another excellent setlist by Maiden, taken there usual mix of risks and conservatism in the set list. Also, the RttH Eddie is seriously cool. Awesome.

Back