Maiden England Tour 2012/2013!

I'm not really good enough at guitar to notice mistakes in the middle of a sweep... I'm usually too busy going "Damnit.. wish I could do that".

Reactions: Yax
There's a like function o_O?. Just pressed it.

Anyway, it's mostly that he often sweeps unclean live (I mean, compare to Petrucci, Malmsteen, Gilbert, Vai etc. They sweep extremely clean) Like this at 3:10 (or well, not as serious as this occassion)
or like during High Voltage, went completely off beat during the start of his Painkiller solo.

Okay yeah that was pretty noticeable, I've never picked up on anything during the gigs I've seen first hand, and certainly wouldnt notice a single note out of place but that was more like he just missed the strings altogether at one point.

Well, the set of last night's show was the same. I really hope they keep in ATSS. And I never dreamed in a million years that they'd do Aces again! That's my most favorite vocal performance ever! OMG! WOW! July 21 can't get here fast enough!

I just about lost it when Adrian Smith played his own solo in Moonchild, I was like an angry rottweiler meets Chris Farley screaming something along the lines of "ADRIAN IS PLAYING HIS OWN SOLO, ADRIAN IS HIS OWN SOLO". My friend(who isn't that big of a fan as I am) didn't know what to say when he saw me on my knees screaming that and tearing up at the same time.

What about the other songs? The Prisoner? Seventh Son? Does Adrian play his own parts there?

What about the other songs? The Prisoner? Seventh Son? Does Adrian play his own parts there?

Yes he played his solo in the Prisoner(its his song after all) and I truly can't remember during 7th son if he did. The Moonchild solo is just one of my favorites so I blew up over it.

I caught the band in Atlanta yesterday, and I was a bit disappointed that IM didn't do any deeper cuts such as Infinite Dreams, Still Life or even Killers. Prisoner, ATSS and SSOASS were the only tracks they had not done since Bruce and Adrian rejoined the band in 1999. On the other hand, I missed the SBIT tour in 2008, so this was my first opportunity to hear a number of the tracks such as Moonchild, CIPWM, and Wasted Years. And while they didn't play Hallowed again, at least they didn't break out Wrathchild, which is another one of their default songs--one that I'm sick of hearing live.

BTW, let me say that SSOASS really smoked live, particularly with the pyro and the Eddie. It's not quite as amazing as Rime (and I'm really kicking myself for missing the opportunity to see that song live), but it has an energy that is somewhat lacking on the album.

Furthermore, I believe this was IM at its most theatrical since the original Seventh Son tour, with not one, not two, but three Eddies, plus pyro for almost half of their songs. I don't believe I've seen them live when they were using pyro--and certainly not to the extent they did. Plus, the band was really on last night. There may have been a few mistakes, which is understandable for this early in the tour, but they did have an amazing energy. If I had any criticisms aside from the setlist, it was that the mix could have been a bit louder.

Finally, let me also mention that Alice Cooper was also really on last night. Like Ozzy, Alice has done a fine job of selecting great talent to surround himself was, and last evening was no different. The guitarist in particular sounded awesome. Unfortunately, Alice's brand of theatricality doesn't really translate as well into amphitheater shows--especially during daylight, but the music really smoked.

All in all, a very good evening for both bands, and well worth seeing

There's an instrumental part of SSOASS @ Charlotte on Youtube, Adrian plays his solos. I must say that ATSS sounds incredible, especially with addition of Adrian's riffing below the main harmony.
I always felt that 1988 live of Seventh Son sounded way more energetic than album version, apart from bridge riff between atmospheric interlude and fast-guitar-solos part. It was pretty shallow, but now they've utilized third guitar again, for background.

Hoping they'll rotate some stuff in setlist, and that doesn't mean classic-for-classic. Infinite Dreams, Still Life, and more of Somewhere In Time, please! Thank you.

Back