Maiden England Tour 2012/2013!

LOVE seeing ATSS, Moonchild, POTO, SSOASS, and The Prisoner. Excellent selections. Bummer seeing Madness, Midnight, Trooper, and RTTH (I thought it was gone for good, damn). WHERE THE FUCK IS HALLOWED BE THY NAME? I thought Nicko said he would quit the band if they stopped playing that song. That and Infinite Dreams/Still Life's absence is my biggest disappointment. But I'm most thrilled at seeing ATSS. I hope it stays in the setlist and doesn't get swapped out for another song a la BTATS/Wrathchild.

Fucking awesome setlist, only have one reservation and that is no Hallowed.

I think this setlist makes for a very enjoyable gig. One can always argue about which songs are there and which are not, I doubt anyone will ever be 100 % pleased with every single decision, but as a whole I feel this setlist is a good one with lots of songs that usually work well live, including a handful of which haven't been played for a good while as well as a good deal of certain crowd-pleasers. I think it'll be a blast.

All in all I really like this setlist, whilst I'm incredibly suprised at the omission of Hallowed and slightly disappointed with the lack of Infinite Dreams I'm delighted at the addition of rarer songs like The Prisoner and Afraid to Shoot Strangers. I think the balance between live staples and surprise songs is perfect and I'm quite glad that it's a little more unpredictable compared to recent tours.

They did not play infinite dreams in ATL, the setlist was the same as in North Carolina, but the show was amazing. It just blew me away.

Guys, i dont know if someone had already mentioned this, but take a look at the "live at scandinavium" setlist then look at the maiden england 2012 setlist. 11 songs are the same... Just added a few 7th son songs in there lol. Its a great killer setlist though, and i cant wait to see them live on 18 of july. A little disappointed they didnt play anything from killers but oh well :p

Thank you! Killer to see. Personally though, worn white V's are the coolest.

Nothing against black V's, but due to the scratch plate and the gibson V's looking rather tame (imo) I think white or red suit them best if you have to go with a single color. I wanted a V as my first guitar but these days whenever I see them they just look very.. flimsy. Les Paul's are so much chunkier and more awesome :D

Nothing against black V's, but due to the scratch plate and the gibson V's looking rather tame (imo) I think white or red suit them best if you have to go with a single color. I wanted a V as my first guitar but these days whenever I see them they just look very.. flimsy. Les Paul's are so much chunkier and more awesome :D
Somebody haven't been watching KK Downing enough! :D

Still think the black V looks kinda odd :p White looks better, the rounded edges make it look less 'brutal', so white (as a calmer color imo) suits it more :p

Besides, last few times I saw Priest KK was using his custom V's.. there's one with studs around the edges, and the one with the priest headstock and the far more sharp points on the tail. Headstock on the other is more like a jackson but I believe they are both Hamer.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-TLd85k09Xu0/TcFAxKEbevI/AAAAAAAAAFQ/pri9s5hJPeo/s1600/KK_Downing.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-n9GZk-OP7rE/TcO4botUoEI/AAAAAAAABXo/g8bJoWye3pw/s1600/kkdown.jpg

Besides, I'm more of a Tipton fan ;)

I love both Tipton and Downing - I like Faulkner too.

Tipton has a couple of epic solos like Touch of Evil and Beyond The Realms of Death which, at least the second one, blows away every Downing solo. I rate Downings solos are more consistent though and has more energy so to speak. I used to like Tipton better but I've come to appreciate Downing even more.

KK's signature KXK guitars are my fav though, although the red mini V is killer as well.

(Woo offtopic tangent!)

Whilst I would say my own playing is more KK-esque, certainly for his early days (when he first joined a band he was described as "he really went for it with the playing... he wasn't very good but he sure embodied energy" or something) I prefer to watch/listen to Tipton. He plays very fluidly, looks very much like he's enjoying every note and very 'into' his playing, whereas the last few tours KK tended to look more like he was in pain >.> The thing I love most about Tipton's solos is they fit songs perfectly, be it a slow or fast song they flow from them with ease. Close to You (on Demolition) is a slow song about loss, but the solo has lots of fast flourishes in it, without them feeling at all out of place because of the way they are slotted in. Touch of Evil is another good example, and I would say Lochness but I'm not sure who does the solo... either way, it's not a quick song but the solo has some incredibly fast sections.

Downing certainly looks the more energetic, and his solo's echo that. Tipton looks more like he's feeling every single note out and I suppose like Murray, like the notes are just coming naturally and fluid rather than having to really concentrate on whats coming next. Whilst neither do a particularly large amount of crowd interaction, Tipton does more.. and I always felt looked like he enjoyed himself more. I also think he's the technically more talented of the two. There's no video of Tipton playing it anywhere, but here's someone trying to do his solo material:

Still love Downing, but I prefer Tipton :)

I agree with most of what you're saying - Although I would say that Tipton is sloppier live than Downing. Tipton has never been very good at sweep picking by professional standards (never been buch of a sweep picker myself either. I can't do fast 5 string. I stick to 3-4 strings. Maybe if I had kept practising these past years) and that's what he he usually fucks up live when he makes mistakes. Downing rarely makes noticable mistakes (or maked. He quit. :( )

Back