Maiden England Tour 2012/2013!

If there will be no Still Life nor The Prisoner on the setlist, then that's a huge disappointment in my case. Sorry, but Infinite Dreams, Afraid to Shoot Strangers and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son can't save the day for this tour, looking at the other songs. (Of course, again FOTD, Trooper, Run to the Hills and Heaven Can Wait are there)

I still hope they'll do one tour where they'll play the songs from the classic era which they've mostly avoided on the live shows, such as Caught Somewhere in Time, Sea of Madness, Stranger in a Strange Land, Flash of the Blade, The Duellists, Losfer Words, Still Life, To Tame a Land, Children of the Damned, The Prisoner or maybe even Alexander the Great.

I just hope, though, I don't think it's going to happen.

Sorry The Flash, I was laughing at rocket's posts, not you. I agree with you man. The setlist isn't that interesting. In fact it's amazing, with all the many songs Maiden have written, how setlists just look the same. I'm sort of disappointed. Although, it'll be amazing live, as always, I'm sure.

I guess all we can hope for is that when they said that they'll be playing 2/3 of the Maiden England set, that they didn't include or have Hallowed Be Thy Name and Iron Maiden in mind since those are always played no matter what. But sadly, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what they meant and had in mind. It's pretty frustrating.

I've given up hope for a surprise(if playing Still Life and Prisoner on a Maiden England tour can be considered a surprise). Most likely these two thirds won't include some of the mentioned songs that haven't been played for a long time.

I wouldn't call it 'frustrating'; so they might not play X or Y, but come on chaps, it's a ****ing Maiden concert! Don't sulk about whether certain songs are 'crossed of the checklist' or whatever, there's no fun in any of that! :p

I wouldn't call it 'frustrating'; so they might not play X or Y, but come on chaps, it's a ****ing Maiden concert! Don't sulk about whether certain songs are 'crossed of the checklist' or whatever, there's no fun it any of that! :p

Well, to be fair, what's the point in buying a ticket if we've already seen that same setlist thrice over, y'know?

SSoaSS: agreed --but they've not played it since the original tour (hope I'm right there), so being excited by this ain't that surprising. But are you going to be pissing yourself with excitement when FotD starts if you've heard it live on every tour since 1992? I don't know, since I've only seen Maiden once; but I think it's a fair point, to make, by those who have. It's nothing to do with crossing some imaginery checklist. It's just not that exciting. I blame all the live albums, personally.

No I won't be pissing myself with excitement when they start FotD ( unless I've had too many beers )but that song is a hell of a lot better live than it was as a studio recording. Yeah Maiden plays some of the same sons every tour but name me a band with any longevity who doesn't. If you go see Rush you can bet your ass that they'll play Sprit of Radio and Tom Sawyer, not exactly my two favorites but what are you gonna do? I'd love it if they did the exact Maiden England setlist but we know they're not. But along with some songs that are played it seems like every tour they are going to be playing some that haven't been played in a long time. I know the people who attend the first few shows don't really have a choice but after those shows everyone will pretty much know the set list if they want to. If you don't like the set list don't go

I wouldn't call it 'frustrating'; so they might not play X or Y, but come on chaps, it's a ****ing Maiden concert! Don't sulk about whether certain songs are 'crossed of the checklist' or whatever, there's no fun in any of that! :p

This tour has amazing potential for a lot of extremely rare songs to be played but we wont get them all. We'll get Number Of The Beast, Two Minutes To Midnight, Fear Of The Dark in their place instead. And we kind of already had a 7th Son tour in 2008. They played Moonchild, Can I Play With Madness, and The Clairvoyant in 2008. They've also played The Evil That Men Do just last year. So the setlist is already pretty identical to 2008...especially since we know Hallowed Be Thy Name, Iron Maiden, and most likely Fear of the Dark are going to be in it. So yeah, it is frustrating...especially because it is ****ing Maiden! So many amazing songs they hardly ever play are always replaced with the same old staples.

As a few have already pointed out, they already played quite a few of these (7th Son tracks) in 2008/09, when that part of the "History Of Maiden" tours should really only have covered up to SiT; at least you'd think, what with it being called Somewhere Back In Time World Tour. They should have saved the 7th Son tracks for this, the "third chapter". But, if this was actually the case, you'd expect a few more early ninties tracks. More than two (--besides FotD). The format seems pretty loose.

I just think if you were lucky enough to catch Maiden in 2008/09 & had maybe caught another tour, there's not much left; Infinite Dreams, AtSS, & SSoaSS are the ones to look forward to.

As a few have already pointed out, they already played quite a few of these (7th Son tracks) in 2008/09, when that part of the "History Of Maiden" tours should really only have covered up to SiT; at least you'd think, what with it being called Somewhere Back In Time World Tour. They should have saved the 7th Son tracks for this, the "third chapter". But, if this was actually the case, you'd expect a few more early ninties tracks. More than two (--besides FotD). The format seems pretty loose.

I just think if you were lucky enough to catch Maiden in 2008/09 & had maybe caught another tour, there's not much left; Infinite Dreams, AtSS, & SSoaSS are the ones to look forward to.

The only excuse for them not to to play all of the repeated Seventh Son tracks is that this is the 'Maiden England Tour' and not the 'Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son' tour. So that way they can at least drop one of the repeats (Can I Play With Madness?). But I think we know that's not going to happen.

You would've thought they would have played Caught Somewhere In Time on the SBiT tour!

Going to my first Maiden show on the 23rd, I can't wait!!!!! Question though, how much of a mosh pit is there usually cause I have a couple of their live dvds and I dont really see one.

Never seen a pit at a Maiden show. I don't think Bruce likes them either.

It just depends what kind of people are there. It can be either really calm or pretty crazy. I've experienced both at Maiden shows.

Going to my first Maiden show on the 23rd, I can't wait!!!!! Question though, how much of a mosh pit is there usually cause I have a couple of their live dvds and I dont really see one.

They do happen, but I know Bruce for one dislikes them a lot. He's stopped a gig I was at before because people were getting over the top on the whole pushing thing.

My only question is, why would anyone want to mosh at an Iron Maiden concert? I could understand much more hardcore "heavy-metal" music like Korn, Slipknot, Disturbed, etc... (as I've seen those bands live in the recent years, every one had a mosh pit for certain songs), but Iron Maiden? I would hope no one would be disrespectful enough to start moshing to Iron Maiden.

Yes, I am against moshing. Always have been. I do not see what the appeal is to running/jumping full speed into people. And for the several concerts I've been to, and have had mosh pits form around me, I hate that I have to pay more attention to the mosh (for fear of getting run into) then the show on stage. That, plus my girlfriend had a huge asshole slam into her once, knocking her down. Another one of my friends managed to get caught up in a mosh pit once and got hit so hard he didn't stay for the rest of the concert, but instead went to the car to sit down.

I'm sorry, and I understand people "have fun at concerts in different ways", but mosh pits are ridiculous. I can't believe some bands actually encourage them. Thankfully Iron Maiden are against them, and will usually call any out that happen.

Back