Maiden England Tour 2012/2013!

I really don't get mosh pits at all (like Bruce) and I also hate massive headbanging guys on Maiden concerts. Shaking your head is fine (that's an expression of enjoying the music anyway) but Maiden's music is not for headbanging until your head falls off or something. It just doesn't fit.

Another one of my friends managed to get caught up in a mosh pit once

There's a song about that.

I've learned to tolerate mosh pits. My second Maiden gig was ruined because I didn't come up with the stamina to stand through the first couple of songs in the front of the audience. Looking back at it now, I could have stood through it, but I didn't want to. I was snobbish enough back then to think "you don't behave that way during a Maiden concert". Thing is, people do. You have to deal with it. The first three or four songs at a gig are marked by massive audience movement, some of it caused by mosh pit formation. They normally die down pretty quickly after that.

There are people who have different ways of enjoying a concert than you do, and they usually don't know or don't care that what they do is annoying to others. However, it's all part of the "being into it and trying to get up front" experience. If you want to get close to the stage, you simply have to deal with the fact that there will be mosh pits, crowd surfers and headbangers. Here's a fun fact from my experience: People who stand up front motionlessly with folded arms have a tendency to be incredibly annoying as well. I like to move a bit to the music as well. If it's crammed, the crowd will automatically move me, which is fine. If things loosen up because it's at a later time at the gig or I'm standing more to the back, I do cherish a bit of space in which to move. But often enough, I've had somebody right next to me who would not move an inch, denying me that space. That's annoying as hell.

As for The Flash's recent post... Really? Have you ever witnessed them playing Aces High, Powerslave, The Wicker Man or the instrumental section of Hallowed live? That's about as heavy as headbanging material gets! I can see people complaining about moshers and crowd surfers, but saying people should ease with the headbanging at a heavy metal concert - that's just ridiculous.

@ Perun

I think you didn't get my point. I do headbang on the instrumental section of Hallowed, but what I'm talking about is just in other league (not catching the rhythm at all, headbanging just to be seen headbanging) I've seen some people do that and I basically don't get it.

Two different things people are talking about I'd suggest: headbanging & moshpits. People don't seem to do a fantastic amount of headbanging in the moshpits I've seen (or been in, in my youth). Personally, Maiden's music has never really made me feel like headbanging that much. Moshpits are just for people to go a bit mental; anything goes, including, sometimes, headbanging. But if there isn't any space, you can't really have a moshpit. I don't really care. Although getting an elbow in the face (now) would be pretty damn annoying.

When I saw Maiden in Glasgow, just there, the most annoying thing was the immovable armfolders, as Perun mentions. I just could not get any closer than about three-four deep from the barricade. It was an ulmighty cram. Exausting just holding your ground. Loved it. For me this is what going to a concert is all about. You always (at least, as discussed in another thread, more so in the US, it would seem) have the choice of a seat. Depends what you want: to see Maiden, or hear Maiden. Both would be preferable --but, for me, I want to hear them live more than see them.

Hadn't been up front for a long time, but gave it a shot on the Priest Nostradamus tour and had a blast.
Have to agree with Perun on the action down front.
We got a few pod people who just wanted to get aggressive with those around them, and a fair number who have had too many chemicals.
Roll with it while can and hold your ground when you have to.
Most of them run out of steam after the first couple songs.
The majority just want to rock out and see the band.

Well, it's good to hear that they don't like them. I didn't think it was possible for me to respect Bruce any more than I already did. I think they're really pointless unless you like having your brain knocked around and no personal space. And some idiots do it just for the sake of doing it. I saw a group of people trying to mosh at a Def Leppard concert. Really? I know their earlier stuff was heavier but c'mon. Maiden at least makes more sense than Leppard for a Mosh pit.

Well I saw Paul Dianno in Febraury and I was upfront! But there was a lot of moshing, and many of my friends took part in it. But to be fair if you dont want to be part of it no one will kick you in, you only must be a little careful and thats all! Besides that, that concert was amazing! I even had the chance of having a LP cover signed by Paul himself!

Most of my recent experience with pits in Dallas has been that it is a pit in name only. No moshing allowed. Actually, the last time Maiden played, there was a pit and it was easy to walk right up to the front. I'm in the pit again this year.

This tour has amazing potential for a lot of extremely rare songs to be played but we wont get them all. We'll get Number Of The Beast, Two Minutes To Midnight, Fear Of The Dark in their place instead. And we kind of already had a 7th Son tour in 2008. They played Moonchild, Can I Play With Madness, and The Clairvoyant in 2008. They've also played The Evil That Men Do just last year. So the setlist is already pretty identical to 2008...especially since we know Hallowed Be Thy Name, Iron Maiden, and most likely Fear of the Dark are going to be in it. So yeah, it is frustrating...especially because it is ****ing Maiden! So many amazing songs they hardly ever play are always replaced with the same old staples.

I get the frustration, as I sometimes wish my favorite bands would run out an odd setlist from time-to-time. The thing is, Maiden does throw out the wild card tours with nothing but recent material. That's great unless they decide to play Dallas (a couple years ago) for the first time in like 9 years. It's a tough thing to show up somewhere you never play, to a pretty much sold out ampetheater (20,000) and proceed to play nothing but Brave New World to the presesnt. I was cool with most of it (hate the Dance of Death CD) but to save a couple oldies for the encore? Most of the crowd has no idea what you are playing.

So for me, this will be the first time I've been able to see a classic Maiden show in many years! It that aspect, I'm a bit more excited about this tour.

I'm not gonna lie... I am a little bummed about this supposed "leaked" setlist if it is in fact true. I was so hoping to see The Prisoner and Still Life played live. Still, I hope it isn't entirely true and they will at least have The Prisoner featured in the set. I remember reading somewhere that it is Bruce's favorite song from the classic era and yet hasn't been played since the original Maiden England tour. I'm also really bummed about the lack of Somewhere in Time songs. What the hell, Maiden? How come they shove Heaven Can Wait down our throats when we'd rather hear Caught Somewhere in Time or Alexander the Great (finally)?

But if it is true, I will have to accept it. It does still seem entertaining and it will be awesome to see them do stuff like Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter (one of me faves), Infinite Dreams, and Seventh Son!!!

And who knows... maybe the next tour will finally feature some SiT stuff.

what was his name;Perun? settle down there boy-Iwas at Powerslave when you were 1, so respect your elders! are u a maiden fan or interet police?:applause:or Britney Spears. ha f'n ha ha ha. P.S.;what if they play most the stuff i mentioned-i'll have my act together then, won't I!!??

Illiterate, uncivilized, annoying delusions of grandeur. Any chance you're from United States, sir?

Right, rocket. You know, there's a difference between being older than me and actually behaving that way. If you actually gave me a reason to respect "my elder", then I'd even do it. Just being born before me is no achievement. Besides, being condescending to a twenty-seven-year old about his age is really pathetic.

Other than that, this forum has rules, and if you were as mature as you claim, you would have read them and know that you are required to use proper spelling, grammar and punctuation. Just as a heads up in case you go on to post on other boards and wonder why people act annoyed by you.

Illiterate, uncivilized, annoying delusions of grandeur. Any chance you're from United States, sir?
I resemble that remark. Easy on the anti-American sentiment, Cochise. Just watched America's Got Talent with the guy who suffered a brain injury from a grenade in Afghanistan that left him with a stutter but who learned to sing as part of his speech therapy. Plus, Independence Day is just around the corner. Feeling very patriotic. (This despite the fact that Barack Hussein Obama is coming to L.A. AGAIN to suck more money out of the Hollywood elite and fuck up traffic for the fourth time in three months. A lifelong Democrat just told me he's voting against Obama in the upcoming election simply because of his effect on his commute. It is very annoying to find that the streets you take to work each day are blocked off such that you can't get near your building for an hour. But I digress.)

Bah, I have a bone to pick with this post hehe

I am American. And I am not illiterate or uncivilized. I understand America is hated by a lot of other countries around the world, but please don't assume all Americans are these bad stereotypes. Besides, no matter what country we are from, we are here on this forum for one reason: We are Maiden brothers and sisters!

That being said, just about every post rocket has done so far seem like they would be coming from a 6 year old. Not a 43 year old man, according to his profile. So yes, rocket, please start typing properly. I feel like my IQ drops when I am reading your posts.

Just watched America's Got Talent with the guy who suffered a brain injury from a grenade in Afghanistan that left him with a stutter but who learned to sing as part of his speech therapy

I couldn't care less.

Citizens of USA are people like any other around the world. I have a cousin in Tulsa. I don't give a fuck about your Afghan military boy, as I don't give a fuck about out own Afghan military boys. This is going off topic, if anyone wants we can continue in another thread. My "illiterate, uncivilized..." statement came as a humorous reply to someone that really, really tries to wear the "dumb american stereotype" shoes.

what was his name;Perun? settle down there boy-Iwas at Powerslave when you were 1, so respect your elders! are u a maiden fan or interet police?:applause:or Britney Spears. ha f'n ha ha ha. P.S.;what if they play most the stuff i mentioned-i'll have my act together then, won't I!!??

You're not entitled to any respect that you haven't earned, long time forum members such as Perun have contributed immensely to the community whereas you are typing barely legible nonsense in an inflammatory manner. You won't last long on these forums if you continue in such a fashion.

Hey guys,I'm not even from U.S.A.! Didn't mean to open can of worms or anything.Maybe i was being to ''warped'' or bent and mistaken for being a jerk or likewise.I have been known to B contriversial,controversial? in the past just a couple(1000) times.I'm actually gonna "Head out to the highway". till the setlist arrives,-I'm tired.o_O

Back