Maiden England Tour 2012/2013!

I completely agree, but they're going to play it.

They dropped FotD on the Early Days tour, maybe they will for this one. It is a really fun song live, but giving it a one tour rest would be nice.

Oh man, they should definitely give FotD a breather for this tour. There's just no reason for it to be there.
So true I love Fear Of The Dark but it shouldn't be played its like its appearance on the SBIT Tour it didn't make any sense. In the Early Days Tour they did it without playing Two Minutes To Midnight and Fear Of The Dark they should do something like that again.

I don't think I want to hear Fear of the Dark, Run to the Hills and The Trooper on any tour ever again. (I'm not talking about experiencing the thing at the concert, I'm talking about listening to live versions)

Well, we're about a month and a half away from opening night of the tour... I really hope they release some 'teasers' about what they are going to play, like they did with the Somewhere Back in Time tour.

I will be happy with whatever they choose to play, but I'm taking my 8-year-old daughter (who loves their 80s "singles" - Run to the Hills, Number of the Beast, Can I Play With Madness, Trooper, Wasted Years, 2 Minutes, etc.), but I want to make sure I have time to get her familiar with some of the other songs they are going to perform. :)

Still not a single concert sold out.

I don't think I want to hear Fear of the Dark, Run to the Hills and The Trooper on any tour ever again. (I'm not talking about experiencing the thing at the concert, I'm talking about listening to live versions)

Err yeah. While experiencing the thing at the concert you don't listen.

Well, we're about a month and a half away from opening night of the tour... I really hope they release some 'teasers' about what they are going to play, like they did with the Somewhere Back in Time tour.

I will be happy with whatever they choose to play, but I'm taking my 8-year-old daughter (who loves their 80s "singles" - Run to the Hills, Number of the Beast, Can I Play With Madness, Trooper, Wasted Years, 2 Minutes, etc.), but I want to make sure I have time to get her familiar with some of the other songs they are going to perform. :)

SSOASS album would be handy. For the rest: Fear of the Dark, Iron Maiden, Hallowed Be Thy Name.

How good would be that they changing set list every show like Metallica

I wish. Even though I'm only seeing Maiden once this tour, I just think it would be cool to have all the footage of the other songs being played. I love looking up old GN'R bootlegs or sifting through Pearl Jam videos because every show is absolutely different, and it gives more songs a chance to see the light of day.

Err yeah. While experiencing the thing at the concert you don't listen.
I don't know what did you get from my comment Foro, but what I meant was that I wasn't going to attend the shows but only listen to the shows on the internet. I don't want to hear a gazillionth version of Fear of the Dark.

Still not a single concert sold out.

Yeah, I noticed that too.

I wonder if it's partially because the tour was announced so long before the start date? I mean, it was first announced in February, but they won't be around my area until late July...

There aren't many tickets left at the show in my town, though. I bet it will sell out closer to summer.

do to past events i think for 2013 they will do a flight 666 sort of deal with a new setlist. but if they do a round the world thing i would love to see a east cost canada show, and if that happens its probily going to be halifax of moncton. last year i drove from ottawa to tampa to see maiden. it was fun but if theres somthing closer ill be happy with that.

do to past events i think for 2013 they will do a flight 666 sort of deal with a new setlist. but if they do a round the world thing i would love to see a east cost canada show, and if that happens its probily going to be halifax of moncton. last year i drove from ottawa to tampa to see maiden. it was fun but if theres somthing closer ill be happy with that.
Damn from Ottawa? I came from Orlando Florida to Tampa talk about commitment. I'm only going from Florida to Atlanta this year that's the longest of trips I'd ever make.

Damn from Ottawa? I came from Orlando Florida to Tampa talk about commitment. I'm only going from Florida to Atlanta this year that's the longest of trips I'd ever make.
lol ya man it was a 23 hour drive in one shot. i dont think anyone drove as far as we did for that show. but this year where doing ottawa and toronto

I just checked the Live Nation website and it's showing that their are only 135 tickets left in the pavillion for thr Indy show and it seats 6,000. No idea how many tickets have been bought for the lawn, but that's not too bad considering that when Maiden played Indy on the original SSOASS tour there was only about 2,000 people showed up ( yes I was one of them)

I just checked Live Nation as well, and I am a bit shocked more seats haven't sold for the Chicago show on July 5th... There are still a lot of actual "seat" seats left, but then again, a lot of them are in a"Warning: Obstructed View" area (for some stupid reason, the First Midwest Bank Amphitheater has these huge ass pillars on the inside of the pavilion. While they are there for support, obviously, they would obstruct the view. So I understand people not wanting to be in a seat where those pillars obstruct some of the stage)

Chicago concert in 2008 was at the Allstate Arena, an in-door stadium, and it was a sold out crowd. That place was amazing, and the sound was unbelievable. Definitely one of my best concert experiences, even though I was there just that once. Then they decided to play at this Amphitheater in 2010, where it was outdoor and the sound, while good, wasn't as powerful as it was at the Allstate Arena. I was hoping they would possibly return to the Allstate Arena this tour... but alas, it is at the amphitheater again. For anyone who may know, is it the band members themselves who decide on the venue? Or is that Rod Smallwood's, or even someone completely different's, decision?

Don't remember what the ticket sales were like during the concert in 2010, but considering this is another "History" tour, I just would have expected more seats sold. Oh well, I got my seat tickets, so I will be thrilled regardless. Just want a huge crowd there that can hopefully cheer on Iron Maiden.

I felt like a dud when I was the only person in my vicinity chanting along to the opening of Fear of the Dark... No kidding, NO ONE ELSE around me was doing that at the 2010 concert. I was rather embarrassed at the whole ordeal, I thought my fellow Maiden fans (or so I thought?) would have gotten more into it?

hey irons, here is my setlist; moonchild,still life,killers,aces high,clairvoyant,die-boots on,prisoner,# of beast,7th sun,1000 suns,silent planet,starblind,beyond new frontier,running free,2mins.2 midnite,caught in time,-and i,ll throw in sea of madness as a freakin" wildcard cause i,m very unsure about what they,ll play of that album anyways.the new tunes i threw in because i think they,ll play some,but they will switch it up a bit from the new stuff played on previos tours?? i,d like to see back in village as another wildcard,but i,ve probably have a gamblin prob. by now.....yeeeaaah,we,ll see next month!

Demigod.. I was at both Chicago shows in 2008 and 2010 and you're ri are right, the Allstate arena show was incredible. I can't remeber if the 2010 show was sold out, but there was a pretty big crowd there and I thought it sounded pretty good. Glad to here you got tickets although I won't be making the trip to Chicago since they're finally playing Indy again.

A cursory glance I took looks like there are anywhere from 2000-3000 seats left for each of the Western Canada shows (which isn't too bad, considering these are all 15,000 to 20,000 seat arenas).

Back