Maiden Albums: Head to Head

Vote for your favourite song from each pair

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Beast is THE classic album among classic albums. Plus

DVD%2BCover.jpg

USA_album_EV.jpg
So if an album gets the Classic Albums treatment then you don't like it? :confused:

It's already a great song with one of the best lines ever: "Walking on water - are miracles all you can trust? / Measure your coffin - does it measure up to your lust?"

But........................... it's up against fucking Hallowed. There are about 19 songs that beat Hallowed Be Thy Name and Only The Good Die Young is sadly not one of them.

"Only the Good Die Young" is my fifth favorite Maiden song ever. "Hallowed..." hasn't even made my Top 10.

What's your list again?
  1. "Rime of the Ancient Mariner"
  2. "Empire of the Clouds"
  3. "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son"
  4. "Alexander the Great"
  5. "Only the Good Die Young"
  6. "The Red and the Black"
  7. "Phantom of the Opera"
  8. "When the Wild Wind Blows"
  9. "Starblind"
  10. "The Legacy"
That is, considering solely original studio versions.

If you can do it then maybe I'll finally attempt a decent one myself, lol. All I know so far is that More Tea Vicar is firmly at the bottom and Empire of the Clouds is firmly at the top.

"Only the Good Die Young" is my fifth favorite Maiden song ever. "Hallowed..." hasn't even made my Top 10.
I'm surprised it got 7 votes. I suspect that if this poll happened two years ago, it wouldn't even get that many. But I am glad you like it!

Edit: I should note, I really like the track too, but it's up against Hallowed.

Only the Good Die Young is an awesome song. I would take it over The Clairvoyant, The Prophecy, and several songs from The Number of the Beast. It's an unfortunate pairing.

The Number of the Beast, on the other hand, is not only easily among their top 5 best short rockers but is worthy of an overall top ten.

Dude, seriously? o_O That melodyless shite?

IRYO too much not to be shocked by this.

I still can't grasp why is it so popular. The intro riff is cool, okay, but overall it sounds like Killers outtake.

Hadn't had a tie yet in the game. Had three of them this round.
Which means Seventh Son will win this 5-3.

Next up, The Final Frontier versus Virtual XI :jedi:

Back