Kamelot - When the Lights Are Down
Savatage - This is the Time
Rush - Tom Sawyer
Europe - The Final Countdown
Slayer - Raining Blood
Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man
Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
Ozzy Osbourne - Mr. Crowley (Live)

Airflow across the wings doesn't generate enough lift to keep the aircraft in the sky. I'm not sure if just going too slow to generate enough lift is classed as a stall, or it's only a stall when the airflow over the wing actually breaks up because the wing/aircraft is tilted up at too high an angle.

when the airflow over the wing actually breaks up because the wing/aircraft is tilted up at too high an angle.
This is basically it. Too high angle between the wing and the relative airflow -> the air flowing over the wing separates from the wing -> lift is reduced significantly.

Of course, it will typically happen due to low airspeed. But in some aerobatic maneuvers, the speed is low without encountering stall.

However, a stall is undramatic if it happens at a safe altitude. In most aircraft you recover easily by lowering the nose, restoring a safe angle of attack and resuming normal flight.

This is basically it. Too high angle between the wing and the relative airflow -> the air flowing over the wing separates from the wing -> lift is reduced significantly.

Of course, it will typically happen due to low airspeed. But in some aerobatic maneuvers, the speed is low without encountering stall.

However, a stall is undramatic if it happens at a safe altitude. In most aircraft you recover easily by lowering the nose, restoring a safe angle of attack and resuming normal flight.

Thank you. I’m obsessed with reading about airplane accidents, and I’m trying to learn all the lingo.

It's okay, but has hammy acting at times, and is a bit dumbed down. The first few series were very good, though, they took more care to explain a little bit of technical detail and run through how an investigation works. They do still turn the investigation process into a more linear storyline chronologically, when actual investigations have a lot of lines of enquiry open simultaneously. It wouldn't genuinely be a case of 'we've ruled out all of that other stuff, let's check the tyre pressure now'.

I also find it refreshing that it seems more factual, less sensational, and more empathic than your average prime time National Geograpghic TV style documentary. Maybe because it's Canadian, and there's a different focus than you would see in mainstream American documentaries. The empathy towards the flight crews, even the ones who made terrible mistakes that cost lives, is a nice touch.

It's okay, but has hammy acting at times, and is a bit dumbed down. The first few series were very good, though, they took more care to explain a little bit of technical detail and run through how an investigation works. They do still turn the investigation process into a more linear storyline chronologically, when actual investigations have a lot of lines of enquiry open simultaneously. It wouldn't genuinely be a case of 'we've ruled out all of that other stuff, let's check the tyre pressure now'.

I also find it refreshing that it seems more factual, less sensational, and more empathic than your average prime time National Geograpghic TV style documentary. Maybe because it's Canadian, and there's a different focus than you would see in mainstream American documentaries. The empathy towards the flight crews, even the ones who made terrible mistakes that cost lives, is a nice touch.

The dumbed down aspect can be annoying.

We were allowed to go back to the office last week. But that joy didn't last too long. Got an email today that employees are strongly recommended to work from home. I was so angry I could have posted on the Rant Thread. Working at the office was so great, meeting people instead of staring at walls all alone, food was so much better and I didn't need to cook it myself, and it was much easier and motivating to do the actual work. I could feel myself feeling better than I have in months. Well, that's all over now. My boss is coming to work at the end of the week, and until she gives more exact instructions, I think I'll try and sneak to the office for the rest of this week. I've also thought I'd have a word with her, and tell her I don't think I can manage, unless I come to the office at least once a week. There are also actual things I need to do, such as print, which we're not allowed to do at home, so I have actual reasons for it as well. There have been about 20 tested Corona cases per day in Finland for some weeks now, so the situation is not too bad at all. That's what the Minister said on TV yesterday too.

That's what I was thinking too. There are a couple of things I have to consider before deciding what I'm going to ask from my boss, but I have a couple of days to think it over, and there may be new instructions too.

Back