Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Woop, bought original presses of Powerslave and Number of the Beast. Bye bye Parlephone Remasters (Powerslave was ok, but they really butchered NoTB ).
They sound so much better, don't they? You can actually hear the singing and bass on Powerslave! As for TNOTB... I only started looking for the originals because the 2015 remaster sounded so muddy.

I'm also trying to figure out which of the post-NPFTD albums sound better as the originals; is there a good thread, or do I just need to check them out myself?

Last edited:
They sound so much better, don't they? You can actually hear the singing and bass on Powerslave! As for TNOTB... I only started looking for the originals because the 2015 remaster sounded so muddy.

I'm also trying to figure out which of the post-NPFTD albums sound better as the originals; is there a good thread, or do I just need to check them out myself?
Powerslave sounds better, yeah. The guitars take up slightly more space than with the remaster (which must be why they eased up on the guitars anyways, but I prefer the original) It's not night and day though, as it is with TNOTB. The guitars are all but missing in the remaster...

I've got the X Factor reissue, but I haven't played in since the needle drop, so I can't speak for it. I think AMOLAD is better than the original issue. Brave New World as well. The master bus and multiband compression is a bit lighter, which is nice. You don't get that fatiquing 2-3 khz center screeching from the guitars which is the biggest reason it's a slightly better release. TBoS sounds a lot nicer on vinyl too, with a whooping circa 8-10dB more dynamics than the squashed CD master. I've never liked TBoS's production much (or the album itself), but this sounds a lot better - It sounds how it was intended to sound before the loudness-war mastering.

TFF sounds slightly better too.

Last edited:
Chopin Airport. I ain’t going partying with my luggage and backpack in a city I don’t know.

Edit: I was considering a hotel but decided not to go for it.

Chopin Airport
main-qimg-30240560b5558a01d90b6c1b234e6518

Back