Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

@The Flash

dcle8adatwg51.jpg

"professor dr. Name Surname", someone forgot to fill in the template :D

I admit I'm no language expert, but I'm also baffled by the "šdćžč" there on the right.

Reminds me of a proposed solution how to contract Hodor's name in GOT in Czech "Drž ty dveře" -> "Drždvř"

Holy Slavic languages, Batman!

I admit I'm no language expert, but I'm also baffled by the "šdćžč" there on the right.

Reminds me of a proposed solution how to contract Hodor's name in GOT in Czech "Drž ty dveře" -> "Drždvř"

Holy Slavic languages, Batman!

it is đ . Therefore it's every single charcter diactitic, one by one. If you're baffled why they are there, it's to show/test that Croatian diacritic characters can be used in the template.

Also one of three digraphs uses ž, as in Dž, which is "hard đ", as č is hard ć. The other digraphs are nj and lj (considered as single letter, e.g. town of Sinj is 3 letters). We don't use w,x,q,y. That sums up the difference against standard latin alphabet.

Edit : to further go on "nj", it is frequently utilized as a romance replacement in areas where romance influence is present in the lexicon. For instance Italian name of Sinj is Signo and Italian name for pasty njoki is gnocchi.

Of non-latin characters č, ć, š are frequently used. Others not so much. There are pretty hard rules about č and ć. They are functionally bound to how people accentuate things. Therefore you can write any word that has č and ć in multiple places, replace them with ordinary c, and expect a native speaker to speak out the word correctly. In some regions there's a sort of a joke that both should be replaced with a single, straight line over c, to not confuse pupils :)

Croatian is pretty byte optimized as compared to Polish for instance

be087f77-5e38-42c3-af2e-b2696ae1648c.png

The same text, in Croatian, should transfer about twice as fast over a modem line because you can just cut out a lot from the words and replace with single letters.

I think I might go for the remasters of all four reunion albums. Are there any others I need to consider? The Blaze albums, perhaps?
Eh, might as well ask @Cornfed Hick and @Mosh.

My recommendations is only replace the 98 remasters if that's what you have. I think there isn't a huge difference between the original of any Maiden album and the 2015, but both those versions are considerably better than 1998.

Back