Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Well either way; they're both radical.  :p

I go out on ship for about a week soon. This will be a first for me and I'm very excited about it. Hey LC, any further progress on your Lone Ranger novel?

Deano said:
Well either way; they're both radical.  :p

I go out on ship for about a week soon. This will be a first for me and I'm very excited about it. Hey LC, any further progress on your Lone Ranger novel?

It has been moved to the back burner, as I thought it eventually would. I'm getting ready for November now. Should be interesting. I am impressed that you've been in the Marines as long as you have and never been on ship!

Yes, I find that hard to believe myself although, looking back, I have spent plenty of time away doing "Marine things"... I just got there by plane every time. Oh well, 4 years left and I have about run the whole gambit now. Hopefully your Dad will be proud.  :bigsmile:

Test was actually pretty good.
First part was some simple program you had to give commands to, and you had 10 math related problems to solve with it. I think it went well, except the last one which was really hard, but I think I nailed it.
Second part was flow charts, and it was bullshit. I think it went well but it was annoying as hell, with stuff like "if the zebra is naked and your name is gordon, go to the ant". I'm not even kidding.
Last part was three unseen texts in english about computers. No hard at all I think.

Overall I think I'll get in the programing class, but I'll keep my hopes down.

Hey, its better than over 10% of Americans, out of a job!  ;)

Hump-day.  Not meaning what it used to for me....  I love my job, love having a job, but I really did get used to that 7+ months 'vacation' that I had. 

I'm currently reading up on 6th to 12th century Iran... that is some seriously great history.

That is far more informative that what I've been reading "Myth Adventures"  (but mine is pretty fun).

Last night after the Montenegro game, I watched the England 4x100 relay team winning gold in the commonwealth games. I knew that they had won it before hand, but when Lewis-Francis received the baton on the anchor leg so far back I just said "no way, no f'ing way". I actually doubted he could do it - but bugger me, he did. An amazing final leg.

Hey all.  This is my first venture into this forum so I'm a little nervous and might just stand in the corner a while and watch.

....hmmm, a bit awkward in the corner so here goes.

After reading the last dozen or so posts I am on a mission to seek out a waffle and ribs restaurant tonight.  Could be a challenge in Sydney but I now must eat both dishes.

Last night I went to an awesome gig by Joseph Tawadros.  Anyone heard of him?  He plays the Oud and has a bassist and tambourinist accompany him.  At times the tambourine sounded like a drum kit.  The sounds he could pull from that circular piece of cow skin was insane.

Anyway, I'm seeing Maiden twice in Feb, Tool in Jan along with Rammstein....its soon to be festival season down here.

Ok, back to the corner now.  I might actually face the corner Blair Witch style.

Back