Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Ok Monsieur Wingman, here is your motivation.
Where is William in this photo?

You are probably the only one here that can take a guess and this is your only hint.

Mining, are we?  :D Now I was primarily in search of motivation for something related to my PhD, but I can always have a go.

Now I don't know if the hint is related to my nationality, my nickname or my avatar. I just don't see the link between Spitfires and Chilean miners, or Norwegians and Chilean miners ... or does it have something to do with my engineering education? I am confused.

Are you the wingman of the photographer? One arm shown in orange?  :p

You disappoint me. Yes it's very related to your PHD, it's usually around -160 inside there  :p
Ok the hint became huge. You could guess now except the location the type of the ...... and identification of the material around Willy -excluding scaffolding
Eddies Wingman said:
One arm shown in orange?  :p

No the arm in orange is the Ultrasonic guy  ::)

-160 is approximately the boiling point of methane. I hope you're not hidden inside a container of liquid natural gas ...  I see there is a container on the right hand side which is heavily insulated. That indicates that the contents are either very hot, or very cold. Your hint indicates the latter.

Still, I can't imagine you being inside there?

Yeap LNG tank, moss type. They need to be inspected /maintained as everything else in a ship.

photo01.jpg

Ah, now I get it. I got your question wrong. I thought the following:

• The guy in grey was not you
  • You were somewhere else in the picture
  • My task was to figure out where in the picture you could be hiding

I start to realize why this week has not been very productive. My brain is in f***ing hibernation!

Perun said:
Not very far off from what I posted is it. ;)

Not very, but not entirely the same either.  Methane is present in a typical fart, yes, but it is only a minor part of it. Most of that gas is air and carbon dioxide. And then you have the parts per million that contain sulfur - these are the gases that make the smell, not the methane.

Eddies Wingman said:
Not very, but not entirely the same either.  Methane is present in a typical fart, yes, but it is only a minor part of it. Most of that gas is air and carbon dioxide. And then you have the parts per million that contain sulfur - these are the gases that make the smell, not the methane.

Seriously, I never thought I'd be enlightened on the composition of a fart.  :blink:

When someone with a degree in chemistry or chem. eng. is around, always be prepared to be enlightened on facts you didn't know that you need to know.

Talking of lack of sleep, it reminded me of a Tommy Cooper gag I read the other day....

"I was lying awake all night last night trying to remember what I had to do. Then I remembered - have an early night."

Ha!

I slept like a baby last night.  Just finished up all 3 and a half seasons of Eureka, drank some beers, played Diablo II, and slept with the window open.

Its Friday!

By the way, anyone else noticed that in a lot of YouTube vids of metal songs, the comment field turns into a flame war about Justin Bieber? Why the fuck is that?

This may sound like I'm living under a rock, but I'm not even sure who Justin Bieber is. I mean, I heard the name, but that's it.

Perun said:
This may sound like I'm living under a rock, but I'm not even sure who Justin Bieber is. I mean, I heard the name, but that's it.

Well, I live under the neighbour rock then, because I don't think I have been exposed to his music. Someone more informed should tell me whether I should be happy for that.

I think I heard one of his songs at some point.

It sucks, people like him is the reason youth today are stupid fucks, blah blah blah.

To make long story short, he's not worth your attention.

Typical 'teenage heart-throb pretty boy pop star'.  His music is the equivalent of Debbie Gibson from the 80's, maybe that partridge kid from the 70's.  Just radio fluff that little girls and the boys that want to like the little girls listen to.

I got my entire family to sit down and play LittleBigPlanet on the PS3 for an hour, and my parents even seemed to have fun.

I should get some sort of universal achievement award or something.

Back