Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

LooseCannon said:
Hey, you're an Aussie? Cool.

Thanks man, yeah.  I was in the US a few weeks ago and plan to get back to North America next Jun/Jul to do some research on my Masters (US Studies).  I hope to coincide my research trip with Maiden's Nth America leg so I can join your proposed Maidenfans Global Gathering Extravaganza and show you all how Aussies drink. 

I had to think of this for some reason:
There used to be a programme on German TV which parodied whatever else was on TV at that time, perhaps ten years ago (the programme has been relaunched, but with a poor cast and lame jokes). One of the skits was a parody of Kojak, which was built entirely around the series' German subtitle - Einsatz in Manhattan (I guess the closest translation would be Mission in Manhattan). After the normal opening title, it invariably involved Kojak and his partner getting out of the car and saying a single, completely pointless phrase. Then, the title was played again, only with a slight variation: Kojak - Ein Satz in Manhattan, which changed the meaning to "One phrase in Manhattan". For some reason, that was hilariously funny (I know it isn't when I describe it like this). Once, they got out and said something in French, which had the end title go: "Kojacques - Une phrase a Manhattaine". I always liked that. :D

Yeah, long shift.
Lunch is alot easier then breakfest, but mid-serving I was ordered to go put a bejillion twelve soda bottels at some order in the storage room and it was a pain.

Thats the life of the new man on the totem pole.  you get all the garbage jobs no one wants.  The bonus is, the more time you put in a job (yes, I know you are leaving soon), the more people come in under you, and the less crap jobs you do.

Today was actually a pretty good day. I'm thinking of maybe continuing after the first month, but we'll see.
It depends on whether I can survive waking up at 4:45 each day, and the survival of my pants.

I may have spelled whether wrong.

BTW holy crap I'm an old timer.

If you quit, don't burn any bridges. You'd be amazed at how burning bridges with employers/co-workers can come back to haunt you.

Monday night, I had insomnia. Got about 2 hours of sleep.
Tuesday: about 6 hours.
Last night: severe insomnia. Couldn't sleep a wink.

So as of right now, I've been awake for the last 32 hours ... and since 6am Monday, I've had a total of 8 hours of sleep.

I feel like I'm about to collapse from exhaustion. But if I take a nap, I'm afraid I won't sleep again tonight. Just seems to be the way it goes.

So I'm only online now because my feet are killing me, and I need to sit down for a few minutes ... but soon I need to find something to keep myself awake until it's actually time for bed. Something active, not something chemical; again, I'm worried that chemical intervention would screw me later tonight.
[me=SinisterMinisterX]just realized he's drinking Diet Coke, caffeine and all ... oops.[/me]

I know what you mean, I have a bad case if insomnia myself.

Just finished watching Psycho for the first time. Pretty good, pretty spooky.
That whole psychiatrist thing at the end was redundant though.

I just dreamed that I desperately had to go to a public toilet. Nicko was there and he was laughing the crap at me because the only free stall was the one where he had just taken a major dump.

Damn you, Nicko.  <_<

Back