Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

@Perun when you type in your actual name, your user name should come up automatically in lower case - I'm guessing you over typed this to Perun.

Almost out of money. Will only get a (slightly light) paycheck in a little less then a month.

No vidjeo gamez for me!

Albie said:
@Perun when you type in your actual name, your user name should come up automatically in lower case - I'm guessing you over typed this to Perun.

Turns out that was indeed the problem, a bloke on the Ubuntu forum also pointed this out. Makes me feel quite sheepish. Thanks for your advice (also earlier in the thread), I'm glad Linux users are such a helpful bunch. :)

Wasted CLV said:
That sucks.  Its birthday month for my oldest two, so thats where my spare cash is going.  :ninja:

Whatcha getting them?

I think I'm just gonna work for 8 hours when I can instead of 6-7 and get a little extra. That way if I quit after the first month, at least I have some cash till the army.

So I've been looking for a program for Linux that is "just like Winamp", and apparently there is one called Xmms. So I tried to install it, but apparently you can't just install it... or can you? I'm confused as hell. Ubuntu Software Center offers me something called Xmms2tray, but that is just an icon- or is it?  :help:

EDIT: OK, looks like I got something to work. Though I'd like to have something that works with Audioscrobbler.

Well, you are doing better than me.  I never really installed very many apps in Ubuntu, it was just functional and thats mostly it (I let my kids surf with it, cause that was easiest).

Although, I have a new one with 10.4 on it, just haven't played with it much.  Tonite, I'll try to get it loaded up and see what happens.

@Mega-- pull all the hours you can!!

Perun said:
I'm glad Linux users are such a helpful bunch. :)
They are. That is one thing that is so good about it is that there will always be someone somewhere to help.

Perun said:
So I've been looking for a program for Linux that is "just like Winamp", and apparently there is one called Xmms. So I tried to install it, but apparently you can't just install it... or can you? I'm confused as hell. Ubuntu Software Center offers me something called Xmms2tray, but that is just an icon- or is it?  :help:

EDIT: OK, looks like I got something to work. Though I'd like to have something that works with Audioscrobbler.
I use Rhythmbox which should be automatically installed. It has the Audioscrobbler for LastFM as a plug-in and all you do is put in your LastFM user name and password.

The other thing that some folk do say is that you only should get software from the Ubuntu Software Centre. As it's all open source, the stuff there is maintained by the Ubuntu or Canonical community and not subject to spyware. But don't get too put off by that,  I get the odd thing outside of that that is not available there (i.e. Guppy for my Topfield box) but almost everything you will need is there.

Ah, Rhythmbox works, indeed- thanks again. Also have Open Office, and my printer works as well. I guess I've got my basics all together then. Now all I need to get used to is this tiny laptop (10" screen)...

Well, turns out I'm gonna quit by the end of the month. Why? because the pants won't make it till then, and there are no pants my size in the tall guys shop anymore.

I'll take all the hours I can so that if I'm left jobless till the army, at least I'll have some cash.

BTW that's the only thing I'm talking about. Oh well, at least it's a contribution to the thread.

You can't order pants online? Can't they make an exception and have you wear black jeans? Can't you just shave your legs, wear black undies and do body paint?

OK, I praised you Wasted... and just for good messure, I praised Perun too. Why? Well, why the hell not?!  :shred:

Back