Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

LooseCannon

Yorktown-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
Ottawa doesn't have too many venues appropriate for a small heavy metal gig. There's the House of Targ (a pinball bar that has a stage, but it's kinda low and not great, plus they don't do gigs on Fridays/Saturdays), the Brass Monkey (in a basement with no ventilation in Nepean, no bus access), Barrymore's (which is a little classy for metal), The Dom Tavern (40 people), and then there's the Bronson Centre (which is way overpriced for 1000 max). So metal has lived at Mavericks, a terrible hole in the ground, but it was our hole in the ground.

Found out last night that the venue's proprietor was evicted after his rent got jacked a huge amount. I've seen a lot of fun bands there - HammerFall, Battle Beast, Sonata Arctica, Delain, and of course, Unleash the Archers. So I am sad, quite sad.

Travis The Dragon

"Set yourself on fire as we remember this forever"
Ottawa doesn't have too many venues appropriate for a small heavy metal gig. There's the House of Targ (a pinball bar that has a stage, but it's kinda low and not great, plus they don't do gigs on Fridays/Saturdays), the Brass Monkey (in a basement with no ventilation in Nepean, no bus access), Barrymore's (which is a little classy for metal), The Dom Tavern (40 people), and then there's the Bronson Centre (which is way overpriced for 1000 max). So metal has lived at Mavericks, a terrible hole in the ground, but it was our hole in the ground.

Found out last night that the venue's proprietor was evicted after his rent got jacked a huge amount. I've seen a lot of fun bands there - HammerFall, Battle Beast, Sonata Arctica, Delain, and of course, Unleash the Archers. So I am sad, quite sad.
That really sucks you lost a good metal club. Hopefully something new will pop up at some time in the near future.

Black Wizard

Pleb Hunter

Did you know the bar we briefly visited in Montreal with the Hardcore gig has also closed?

Travis The Dragon

"Set yourself on fire as we remember this forever"
Looks like I stand corrected and a road trip to Chicago is in my future.

Brigantium

Paladin of Voltron
Staff member
Just think of the partying in the streets!

Has the Government actually updated any of its information websites yet or do they still keep saying 'stay tuned for more info'?