Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I think breakup with the gf is near. I'm also really drunk. And unemployed. And I expected better from her. Idk. It's like the shittiest month ever in life, full of disappointment. If everything went right in December, January is the polar opposite. Feels like a fucking punishments to me.

I know things will be better. But now it feels like everything has fallen apart so soon and I'm not prepared for it.

I've been fragile with anxiety and my general well being for years already. And when I finally got some kind of stability, I got a metaphorical kick in the nuts in a major way. I have support from friends and ex colleagues and y'all from here. But there's some stuff that can't be fixed that way.

I really feel like I didn't deserve this. I was losing my mind over this job and they kicked me to the curb easily. Had an awesome month with the gf and once I got fired and we stopped seeing each other at work every day, it seems like the past awesome month didn't happen. We're barely talking, let alone hanging out. Idk what I did wrong and it hurts. Maybe the relationship isn't over, but it's not looking good.

Idk what to say anymore. Everything fucking sucks and I'm not ready for it.

I mask all that with jokes and getting drunk but I'm not fine. And nothing's looking fixable in the immediate future. Idk how to deal with it.

Sorry for rambling and probably being pathetic. I'm just really not doing well at the moment and I don't know what to do. But this place always had my back in the past decade.

If she doesn’t want to talk to you anymore, then she sucks and isn’t worth your time.

Jobs are a dime a dozen. Losing the paycheck for a while sucks, but having time away from work while you look for the next job is awesome. Enjoy the freedom while it lasts.

Find the fun in your life and embrace it.

Last edited:
Sorry for rambling and probably being pathetic. I'm just really not doing well at the moment and I don't know what to do. But this place always had my back in the past decade.
If you ever take a piece of advice I give you, take this one:

Do not text her or talk to her until you recover from the hangover.

People say stupid things when they are drunk or hung over. Do not be that guy. If there's a problem, the only way through it is to talk to her like she is a normal person. Maybe she is not happy with the way things have gone. Who knows? And that's OK in the end.

Sucks that things suck for you @Night Prowler - but take @LooseCannon's advice. Any troubles, real or perceived, are best dealt with with a clear mind.

If she hasn't told you she doesn't want to be with you anymore, or actively rejected you when you've asked her if she wants to hang out, then I wouldn't assume the worst. But again, listen to the Canadian.

@Night Prowler You don't have to take it too seriously, it is just a 2 months relationship. In two months you could have replaced it with a similar one.
Also you if have to remember that this kind of thinks happen all the time and it's not your fault.

Pathetic no, apocalyptic maybe, brate NP. Everything tends to turn out ok, ultimately.
You wouldn't want to spare years and years working for them, would you? And gf might just feel everything is so perfect that no talking is really needed, have you considered this?
#IronyAndStrength

Back