Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Aaargh. A military training aircraft spilled oil on the runway. That, and the subsequent cleaning, forced me to cancel today's flying :grumble:

I did wonder if something was wrong with it, because I saw him come in way too high for a normal landing, seemed to try to force the landing way past the half-way mark, only to go around and come back to land downwind. He must have been in some trouble, as another aircraft ahead of him on final also made a go-around (they had probably talked on the radio)

Might go check these guys out next Saturday .. free show and in a cool venue

34755251_10160763623765227_2368549514555424768_o.jpg

How'd they manage to make the ugliest poster ever though?
I am hoping all their creative talent was directed towards the music end of things ... but again free show and the place with the best pizza in the universe is 2 minutes away ... so if they suck, I still ate well and can leave

I checked out the complete poems of William Blake today at the library. He is genius. "The Book of Thel" is magnificent.

Also found "The Voyage of the Arctic Tern" and wanted to see how similar it is to "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner"... which I also found, so I'll enjoy giving it a re-read.

I didn't know I liked poetry this much....

Yeah, it's about that back home, Travis.

The flight from Keflavik was a bit of a nightmare. Sat next to a guy with pretty bad bo, an old guy fainted on the flight and a bunch of kids puked.

That can happen in the UK too. It can cover cars sometimes. When ex-Hurricane Ophelia made it's way up from Portugal it took a load of Saharan dust and ash from forest fires which turned the sky orange.

View attachment 7092
That is semi close to what it looks like here ...not nice, especially with how damn hot it is out. Did a 5 mile walk and mowed the yard this morning, thought I was going to hack up a lung and had a fine film of sweaty dust all over me ... bleh.

Is the sky orange?

Not quite Orange or as bad as the pic you posted ... it just looks dirty and the light from the sun is diffused .. like San Bernadino, CA :) From the news it is worse in South Texas, we are about as far north in Texas as you can be without being in Oklahoma.

Yeah, it's about that back home, Travis.

The flight from Keflavik was a bit of a nightmare. Sat next to a guy with pretty bad bo, an old guy fainted on the flight and a bunch of kids puked.
A flight got diverted a few weeks ago for 'medical reasons', namely a guy on board had some horrible infection and started to smell so bad that other passengers were puking/fainting. It's now emerged that he's died of tissue necrosis. So, moral of the story is, don't be quick to judge passengers who stink.

Back