Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Oh, I can think of at least one other contender for that title.
Yeh, there's this other regular who doesn't quite understand the two BoS tour threads; when to use spoiler tags, when not too.

:innocent: Not naming any names, but...
This is different because for the last tour we had 1 thread that allowed spoilers without spoiler tags and 1 thread where we had to use spoiler tags. I really liked that. Or are spoilers allowed here as long as they're in tags?
Since this now says "spoilers within", do we still have to use spoiler tags?
:p

You guys all might find this relevant too: The Preparation Of Exams thread from our old friend shawnm ernest...
you do you lose a tad bit in loss of way of life regardless you get the same stage that you still the starting in the stand how PC 70-247 pdf strategies execute only two talk about through the bal tics the dying fortunately we can take you into the lab some saw but we do have a boot a group and this viewpoint on the privilege is a 3d printing framework when I tell people weave a 3d-printed a related planned on those.
I had ball tics once. Nasty.

Seriously, fuck the hiccups. They're something you'll never think about, until you get them, and they won't go away.

"hiccup"

God dammit!

Damn - I missed the birthday of the world's greatest guitarist. :(

NGL_17MAIDEN07_26862123.jpg

30 years ago, the Challenger exploded. I was in High School when it happened and we were watching the launch on TV. Just a horrible moment, will never forget it.

30 years ago, the Challenger exploded. I was in High School when it happened and we were watching the launch on TV. Just a horrible moment, will never forget it.

I could look this up of course but do you know why it exploded?

As you said, it must have felt horrible, but I can't help but feel curious and interested about seeing something like that broadcast live.

Basically, liquid rocket fuel leaked out through one of the joints of one of the booster rockets, due to a rubber o-ring failing to seal properly. It is assumed that the cold weather on the day of the launch made this problem worse. Anyway, the leaking fuel caught fire and the shuttle blew up.

As you said, it must have felt horrible, but I can't help but feel curious and interested about seeing something like that broadcast live.

It was bad, the deal with this launch was it included a teacher, Christa McAuliffe, who got on the mission as part of the Teacher in Space program

More about that program here ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teacher_in_Space_Project

So, it was a big deal in school, one of our teachers applied for that program and (luckily it turned out) did not make it, though he got fairly far in the process. I think that made it a bit more tragic that it was not "just professional" Astronauts, but a pretty regular person included, add to that the first time an American died in space, probably a lessened sense of the danger involved with space travel due to a long streak of no problems (since Apollo 1 I think?), and there were schools all across the country watching this live because of the teacher being on it (I assume, we did not generally watch other launches or really any that I can think of before then of the Space Shuttle).

I remember my English teacher just crying uncontrollably when it happened ... really sad.

So, the managing director of the Norway branch of the company I work for has finally revealed to us mortals that "crisis" is another word for "opportunity".

Also, I heard the other day that ignorance is strength.

Back