Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I don't much enjoy fear as a form of escapist entertainment, so I tend to ruin horror movies for myself by watching them hyper-analytically. "Interesting choice of camera placement there," I say to myself as the monster comes out. That's why the movies that scare me the most tend to be the ones that don't initally feel like horror, like David Cronenberg's films.

Most horror movies are funny, whether intentionally or not;
Not at all.
for that reason they can be pretty fun to watch. From a literary genre perspective they are miles away from what I want to see portrayed on screen though i.e. they aren't horrific or frightening in any real sense.
Which horror movies have you seen? Maybe you haven't seen good horror movies. Or horror movies you might consider as good.

Isn't your anti-bias for cinema in general popping up again? ;)

Old-school low-budget creepy-yet-ridiculous horror is the best. Take Evil Dead for example. What sucks is the new Hollywood stuff that tries to take itself seriously but turns out awful.
Slashers can be cool. Friday the 13th is a fun movie to watch, as is the first Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
I guess I generally enjoy pearls from all kinds of horror: from Dawn of the Dead to Silence of the Lambs.

Psychological horror/thrillers movies are the absolute best IMO, stuff that gets under your skin that doesn't necessarily have any blood or gore in them..But I also really love the 80s cheesy stuff and also the comedy horror - The Burbs, Child's Play, Monster Squad, Fright Night, Gremlins, Return of The Living Dead, Re-Animator, The original Creepshow etc - love that stuff.

Also horror b-movies from the 80s are a lot of fun :)

Psychological horror/thrillers movies are the absolute best IMO, stuff that gets under your skin that doesn't necessarily have any blood or gore in them..But I also really love the 80s cheesy stuff and also the comedy horror - The Burbs, Child's Play, Monster Squad, Fright Night, Gremlins, Return of The Living Dead, Re-Animator, The original Creepshow etc - love that stuff.

Also horror b-movies from the 80s are a lot of fun :)

Cheest 80s horror is something indeed. Speaking of thrillers, Cube is a great one! Watch it if you haven't seen it.

Just wrote my first essay at uni. Was supposed to be a 1,5 page thing with little examples of quotations and citations (that's why we were assigned to write one) but I did an extensive 3 page one with a ton of quotations and citations like the masochist that I am. Had to read a 67 page document to single out which paragraph I was quoting from. :(

The title is "Sentence Reductions in the Punishment of Violence Towards Women in Turkey", for whatever it's worth.

Saxon released an album this year. Once im finished with Vader's discography, im probably going to run through Saxon's discography.

Anybody interested in horror movies? It would be cool with a thread where we watch some horror movies (old school classcis and new ones) and get some horror discussion going.
I liked this horror movies thread idea. :)

I really enjoy horror movies, mainly the old ones like Horror Hotel, The Omen (scared the crap out of me when watched for the first time, the soundtrack alone give me chills and it really helps to create that creepy atmosphere the film has), Rosemary's Baby (amazing psychological horror film), The Shining (although the book is miles away better) and many others. Current horror films doesn't really impress me, but I must say that, with exception of the Penny Dreadful TV series, it's been quite some time that I don't watch horror films, so I don't know if the newer ones are good.

I don't watch horror movies... or old movies (Star Wars and James Bond are probably only pre-80's movies I've seen in the past 10-15 years).

I liked this horror movies thread idea. :)

I really enjoy horror movies, mainly the old ones like Horror Hotel, The Omen (scared the crap out of me when watched for the first time, the soundtrack alone give me chills and it really helps to create that creepy atmosphere the film has), Rosemary's Baby (amazing psychological horror film), The Shining (although the book is miles away better) and many others. Current horror films doesn't really impress me, but I must say that, with exception of the Penny Dreadful TV series, it's been quite some time that I don't watch horror films, so I don't know if the newer ones are good.
The discussion continues hither:
http://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/classic-cinema-thoughts-and-questions.12791/page-27#post-556428
I don't watch horror movies... or old movies (Star Wars and James Bond are probably only pre-80's movies I've seen in the past 10-15 years).
::)

I watched a really great documentary on this small group of horses in South Africa. However, near the end when the horses were starving because the rains hadn't come yet and were desperate, they ate a certain substance that came from their own bodies. I could handle seeing them mate and even seeing a horse very excited after the female rejected him, but that other really gross thing was just a bit too much to see.

*Wait's for NP's "stop saying odd shit" gif*

Man, put that in spoilers or something.
Yeah, wtf. And also:

gnQkHyX.gif

Back