Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Moshing is fine as long as no one throws intentional punches, just pushing around is fine. What I really hate is stage diving, that just makes no fucking sense.

The older I get, the further away from the stage I get (generally back to the point where actual seats start). I made an exception when I saw Maiden in Poland last time, the floor was all GA seating and we got up pretty close.

And it's fine as long as it's not near the front, blocking everyone's view and making it hard for non-moshers who want to be near the front.

A family is at the dinner table. The son asks the father, “Dad, how many kinds of boobs are there?” The father, surprised, answers, “Well, son, a woman goes through three phases. In her 20s, a woman’s breasts are like melons, round and firm. In her 30s and 40s, they are like pears, still nice, hanging a bit. After 50, they are like onions.” “Onions?” the son asks. “Yes. You see them and they make you cry.” This infuriated his wife and daughter. The daughter asks, “Mom, how many different kinds of willies are there?” The mother smiles and says, “Well, dear, a man goes through three phases also. In his 20s, his willy is like an oak tree, mighty and hard. In his 30s and 40s, it’s like a birch, flexible but reliable. After his 50s, it’s like a Christmas tree.” “A Christmas tree?” the daughter asks. “Yes, dead from the root up and the balls are just for decoration.”

The other night I watched a programme on the BBC called The British Guide to Showing Off; described as "a portrait of British Artist Andrew Logan and his long running glittering spectacular pageant: the Alternative Miss World". It was a rerun (having been on before) & was of reasonable interest. Near the beginning of the programme there was an interview with Brian Eno; he said a few things (presumably there was some connection). Later, it returned to Brian. This time, as you looked over his shoulder, there was a cat. It was sitting on a table or something directly behind Eno, facing towards the camera. It was motionless, & at first I thought it was stuffed. But then its eyes moved. It looked at Brian with much disdain. I found this highly amusing & the undoubted highpoint of the whole documentary.

I suppose this interesting anecdote might have been better placed in the Now Watching thread...

tumblr_m1gl3toHAq1r313cko1_500.jpg

Back