Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Maidenfans,

I FLEW A PLANE TODAY :eek:

I have a question. Having a severe fear of heights, I have always assumed that being in the cockpit of a plane would terrify me. The normal little plane windows are fine, but I think a big view might freak me out.

So, does it feel like a height? Or is it more like a car where you're just driving, and it's not a big deal?

2Mins - maybe. I hate having my photo taken and a really bad one will go with the feature.

SMX - no, I didn't get a sense of height at all. As soon as we'd taken off, it was like looking at Google Earth or playing a simulator, you don't get a feeling of being at a height. It only felt a bit strange when we went flew over the valley and the ground dropped away quickly. The plane was quite small and snug, it felt more secure than being a passenger in an airliner. It really was more like being in a car, just a car with wings and not confined to a road.

Wingman - Piper PA28

Pretty similar to the one we used for the flight that was the 70-year birthday present to my father then :) Him and the instructor in the front seats, me and my brother in the back seats.

That awkward moment when you aren't sure if the ringing bells are coming from the adjacent church or the epic metal song you are currently listening to...

Well, it went on for five minutes, the song was 11 minutes long, so I had good reasons to be uncertain. :p

Back