Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Scumbag religion professor.

"I'll e-mail you all what you need to read for the next class!"

E-mails it day before class. It's 100 pages. Yeah, I think I'll improvise <_<

Would it be very cynical of me to suggest that a religion has always involved a certain amount of improvisation?

:D :innocent:

I can always answer every question with "Jesus". When told that it's not the right answer, I can say "Jesus is the answer to all questions, YOU GODLESS SAVAGE!!!!!". :p

Never trust dentists. They're like doctors who only read the page headed "teeth" and made a career out of it. I didn't go for twenty years and never had any pain. Couple of weeks ago I had a check-up, needed two fillings, had them done, and now I can't eat on the left side of my mouth as it hurts too much.

I remember from university that dentists studied for a year longer than doctors, and got to cut up bodies. The medical students just watched. Some of them fainted.

The reason dentists are such a unique specialty is because the mouth is one of the most complex areas of the human body.

I think I may have been unfairly influenced by my experience of no dentist = no teeth pain vs. seeing the dentist = inability to eat without pain.

But @LooseCannon, whilst the mouth may be complex, is it really as complex as the whole of the rest of the body put together?

If you're thinking that dentists only know the mouth, they also study the rest too. That dentist I knew had the answers to most medical questions people asked him. It's not about knowing the mouth instead of the rest of the body, they have to learn both.

So if the Star Wars trailer doesn't get you excited, check this out:

I can't wait! :clap:

Never trust dentists. They're like doctors who only read the page headed "teeth" and made a career out of it. I didn't go for twenty years and never had any pain. Couple of weeks ago I had a check-up, needed two fillings, had them done, and now I can't eat on the left side of my mouth as it hurts too much.

I have no issues with dentists and I have three root canal operations and ten fillings. Think you should calm down a bit and stop generalizing.

I've had 4 teeth pulled with no problems. Thank God the couple of teeth that do have some decay aren't giving me any pain though because having a tooth pulled will always be quite never racking. And ever since I different method of cleaning my teeth over 2 years ago, I haven't had any problems. I fill one of these:
DV4zToV.jpg
with toothpaste and the another with mouthwash that has anti-plaque and anti-gingivitis, swish them around in my mouth to mix them and then swish the mix about 60 times starting in the lower left part of my teeth and work my way all around.

Not such a big deal. I have a hereditary condition that is causing me to lose my teeth. I get a tooth pulled every 2-3 years, and if I live to be old I'll need dentures. I'm used to getting teeth pulled now, it's just a routine thing. Ten seconds of pain for some novocaine shots, then sit back and wait for them to yank it out. Get some Vicodin, no problem. Last time, the pain was gone and I was recovered in under 24 hours.

I believe recovery time is mostly psychosomatic. When I managed to lose my fear of dentists, and stopped thinking of it as a big deal, it seemed like the healing time cut in half and the pain was far less.

Back