Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

So I'm downloading all James Bond movies and just as I'm downloading subtitles for Never Say Never Again, a song pops up on the radio with chorus consisting of Never Say Never Again. #TwilightZone

I was reminded once again today that The Who are just fucking awesome. I still think their current lineup is legitimate- After all, the two other originals are dead, and the current drummer taught by Moon.

My wife went to school with one of Roger Daltrey's kids. Not very interesting, but there you go.

I like your idea of legitimate line-ups, @Yax. I agree about The Who. I was watching Queen + Adam Lambert on TV a few nights ago and thinking how good for John Deacon that he was out of it. Does adding "+Adam Lambert" make it a new band? How legitimate is that Queen line-up?

Sometimes, I like the "progression" of a band though. In a way, I'd rather have Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and two new guys pushing forward and trying new things under the Black Sabbath name, than a 3/4 reunion of the original line up producing a backward-looking album. Perhaps it's all to do with a band staying creative and not relying solely on past glories.

Awesome! I was expecting it to be bumpy and sick making, but not at all. Like driving a car but a heck of a lot more fun, with a better view.

I wish. I was just doing it as a taster session to write a feature for the paper. None of the other staff wanted to try it for some reason.

Well, one person I work with had a bad experience flying. A plane he was on lost height suddenly in a thunderstorm and all the passengers started screaming/praying. I don't blame him for not wanting to fly again. The others have young children who depend on them, and that pushes their fear up a notch.

Well, one person I work with had a bad experience flying. A plane he was on lost height suddenly in a thunderstorm and all the passengers started screaming/praying. I don't blame him for not wanting to fly again. The others have young children who depend on them, and that pushes their fear up a notch.

So in other words you were the most expendable person in the office? :p

Back