Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Oh, no, I agree with that. It is a good idea to teach about religions. History is full of religion and its affect on the world around it.

I mean, Jesus was a great cat. He shows up, says treat each other nicely, respect women and be cool to each other. Its just that a thousand years later, people kill the fuck out of each other in the name of being cool to each other. :)

I joke, but yes, religion should be taught about, historically.

I mean, Jesus was a great cat. He shows up, says treat each other nicely, respect women and be cool to each other. Its just that a thousand years later, people kill the fuck out of each other in the name of being cool to each other. :)

Or a dog, depending on where you stand in the great Cat vs Dog debate. :p

I knew all of them, but...
I have never heard of any release on which To Tame a Land is called Dune. As far as I know, that was already settled before the album was released.
#20 is the official version, but I have heard other versions over the years.

And it's "Bayley". Why on earth is that name so hard to spell?

christians-0-atheists-0-jabba-1.jpg

I thought Bruce did record Bring Your Daughter.... as a solo for one of the Nightmare On Elm St movie soundtracks, then Maiden recorded it after that?

Well..... I may sound soap boxy here, but I don't think you need to use religious values to instill correct values into children. Religion is fine for those that like it, but it also has some negative connotations that go with it. And, if its going to be taught, i'm going to teach it to my kids, with my view-- not some 3rd party view-- or school board view-- or even some organized religion view.

Teach them how to be good and respectful, but I don't see why a religion has to be the root of those values.

It's not that I don't agree with you because I do completely. It's just that religion is cemented so tightly into our wide society that it's impossible to ignore or erase at this point. Even as an atheist, I treat those who follow a certain religion with respect, no matter how absurd I find religion in general.

I thought Bruce did record Bring Your Daughter.... as a solo for one of the Nightmare On Elm St movie soundtracks, then Maiden recorded it after that?

Right, yeah. I seem to have skipped that. The recording exists and can be easily found on The Best of Bruce Dickinson, 2 CD version.

I went and looked for it... yeah, I think you can find it on the soundtrack too.

Bruce said his version was "...more slinky..." I think I'll go look that up, cus I don't remember that :)

It's Nightmare On Elm Street 5: The Dream Child

From Wiki: In 1989, while Iron Maiden were taking a break from touring, Zomba asked Dickinson to write a song for A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child.[4] Teaming up with former Gillan (and future Iron Maiden) guitarist Janick Gers, Dickinson recorded the song, which he claims he wrote "in about three minutes," and the project was expanded into an album, Tattooed Millionaire.[6]

So if that's true, we can thank Zomba and Freddy Krueger for launching Bruce's solo career ;)

Last edited:
Not a secret no. But I thought he worked on the song while having already established his solo career. Didn't know that Elm Street project with Gers was the kick starter for him to decide to go solo.

*ahem*

The beast and Charlotte, they were two of a kind
They'd always take the line from here to eternity!

Seriously, what do you guys do all day?

I am off to watch the movie Network from 1976 (satirical film about a fictional television network, UBS, and its struggle with poor ratings).

Back