Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

So I heard back from the gig I want, and they want to check me out further by doing a professional background check. Which has left me scrambling since I only have 2 professional references and they want 4.

Yay.

Can you use professional references that aren't from the old call centre? Like the boss from the jewelry store? Or maybe you've had some people you've built/repaired computers for often and even tho they aren't a business, you have had them as repeat customers?

Well, I did not exactly leave the jewellery store on good terms. I actually have a reference from there, so I'm pretty much just trying to reach out to old contacts.

I wish you super great luck on that LC!

Now, this is a rubber ducky that makes bath time lots of fun!

Maidenduck.jpg

One of my clients is Tesla Motors. Here is how one reporter described my morning. Let's just say it was a good day.

A California federal judge on Friday axed a proposed class action accusing Tesla Motors Inc. of causing a $6.5 billion drop in its market value by lying about its electric cars' safety, saying he didn't see any evidence that Tesla’s statements after three battery fires were false.

U.S. District Court Judge Charles Breyer dismissed the case without giving the plaintiffs another chance to amend their claims, saying he wasn't convinced that Tesla's claims that its cars are safer than gasoline-powered vehicles are false. Indeed, after three drivers walked away from collisions in which their car batteries caught fire, it appeared those claims were correct, Judge Breyer said.

In one of the incidents described in the complaint, a driver in Mexico sped his Tesla above 100 miles per hour, crashed through a concrete barricade, struck a tree and walked away unscathed, Judge Breyer recounted. In two other incidents, road debris triggered battery fires, but both drivers were unharmed, he said.

“Tesla said this car was found to be one of the safest developed, and that seems to be the case,” the judge said. “I'm at a total loss to see the basis for this suit.”

One of my clients is Tesla Motors. Here is how one reporter described my morning. Let's just say it was a good day.

A California federal judge on Friday axed a proposed class action accusing Tesla Motors Inc. of causing a $6.5 billion drop in its market value by lying about its electric cars' safety, saying he didn't see any evidence that Tesla’s statements after three battery fires were false.

U.S. District Court Judge Charles Breyer dismissed the case without giving the plaintiffs another chance to amend their claims, saying he wasn't convinced that Tesla's claims that its cars are safer than gasoline-powered vehicles are false. Indeed, after three drivers walked away from collisions in which their car batteries caught fire, it appeared those claims were correct, Judge Breyer said.

In one of the incidents described in the complaint, a driver in Mexico sped his Tesla above 100 miles per hour, crashed through a concrete barricade, struck a tree and walked away unscathed, Judge Breyer recounted. In two other incidents, road debris triggered battery fires, but both drivers were unharmed, he said.

“Tesla said this car was found to be one of the safest developed, and that seems to be the case,” the judge said. “I'm at a total loss to see the basis for this suit.”
I read about that case previously and thought it was one of the dumbest things I'd ever heard. Congrats on your victory, because I think what Tesla is doing is fantastic - and I, personally, want a Tesla something fierce.

I read about that case previously and thought it was one of the dumbest things I'd ever heard. Congrats on your victory, because I think what Tesla is doing is fantastic - and I, personally, want a Tesla something fierce.

Yeah. How is the firm doing @Cornfed, if that's OK for you to talk about?
I'd like to hear that they're growing.

I don't know what Tesla's results will be for this quarter, and I couldn't tell you even if I did.

Loosey: The Model S costs over $100K fully loaded, and the Model X cross-over reputedly won't be cheap either (I don't know the price point). However, as I'm sure you already know, Tesla has plans to build a huge "gigafactory" in Nevada with the idea that, one day, it will sell an affordable-to-most electric car.

The Model S is becoming a common sight in Norway. Due to the taxation rules for electric cars in Norway, it is no more expensive than "regular" premium cars (it costs about the same as an Audi A6). Combined with some other advantages given to electric cars (for example, they are allowed to drive in the bus lane and drive for free on several toll roads) this makes owning a Model S much cheaper than petrol cars with similar performance.

If a big country did the same, Tesla Motors would probably become one of the most profitable businesses in the U.S. overnight ...

Back