Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I think the problem is that the chorus would work better as a different section. Like an outro or something, like in The Wicker Man. It needs a more memorable chorus. It's still a good song though, with great riffage.

edit: And it's growing on me. But I agree that it needs to be more memorable.

Last edited:
I believe fall weather has finally hit us here. It's been damn chilly today!

Here we had the opposite (temperature-wise). After a few days of temperatures around zero, we suddenly had 12 degrees C this morning. Combined with rain it felt incredibly humid. There was condensed water on every window everywhere. Add to this a major electricity breakdown in the late night hours ... you wouldn't believe the air that met me at work this morning. Felt like a greenhouse.

I think I'm sick because of that cold weather. My skin and throat are really sore, probably a temperature.

Edit: Discovered that the last solo in Alexander is Dave's, not the other way around. :O The man is even cooler now.

Unless you use a totally different number scale to everyone else or have a different understanding of percentages, then yes...

We don't use percentages for grading. In most percentage grading systems I'm aware of, 68% is either a D or a C. How should I know whether you're happy with that?

Last edited:
We've got a grading system that goes from 1 to 5, 1 being the best. However, each grade also has a bandwidth from 0 to 9 with 0 being the best, as in, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 and so forth. So yeah, I wouldn't know either what to make of 68%, with no idea of the standards the university sets, or what you expect from yourself. I got a 1.7 on my latest paper, and I'm disappointed as hell.

Well 50% is a pass at Masters level. :P In British universities 40% is the pass mark for undergraduates. My first university gave a D for above 40, C for above 50, B for above 60 and A for above 70. My second university didn't give grades, just tells us the percentages.

Yes. I thought my dissertation was shit and was expecting a poor mark so this mark was beyond my wildest dreams. It means that I'll graduate as a Master of Science with Merit.

So there is a lull in the conversation we spread over three threads, eh? :P

We could call it three parallel conversations by the same three people, but that would paint a rather disadvantageous picture of our psyche, wouldn't you say?

Back